what's going on

Lake-michigan-girl
on 3/17/14 3:11 am

let me start by sayIng I am 9 months out and havent done so well do to my own issues with noncompliance. Any way long story  short , i ate this morning as i always do. I had a premier protein shake as  always at 9:00 but by 12:00 I felt ravenous with hunger. Is this supposed to happen? I usually dont feel hunger because I eat at 9:00 1:00 and 5:00. Whats going on and oh I do take prilosec and zantac so I dont think its heartburn. 

mickeymantle
on 3/17/14 3:40 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you might be better off eating solid protein for breakfast , the shakes just go thru you like water

I couple of hard boiled eggs if you are in a hurry in the morning would work , there also less calories than a shake  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

FindingMyWeigh
on 3/17/14 4:06 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Are the Prilosec and Zantac OTC brand names or OTC generics brands? 

I tried the OTC generic Prilosec and went up to 40mg on it and it wasn't near as effective as the prescription 20mg generic Prilosec. 

Tracy D.
on 3/17/14 6:51 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm almost 10 months out and if all I ate between dinner the night before and lunch the next day was a protein shake I would be ravenous too!   That's not a good plan.  Especially if you've been non-compliant and are trying to decarb. You need to protein load from the get-go.   

As soon as your feet hit the ground in the morning, start drinking water.  Then at some point you need to get some dense protein in for breakfast (egg, bacon, lunchmeat, tuna, something!).   You can follow-up with a protein shake at mid-morning if you want but be sure to be drinking 30-45 minutes after eating your dense protein breakfast.  

If you're doing some serious decarbing you might have some cravings and hunger for the first few days in between meals...but it gets better, promise!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Lake-michigan-girl
on 3/17/14 7:27 am

Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op