Hair today...gone tomorrow

Tenacious88
on 7/29/14 10:37 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi. My hair is back after six month post op. I take biotin and zine and it has helped. 

88 lou.   Stay well.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Mentor
on 7/29/14 10:59 pm - CA

Hi,

i noticed no one mentioned MSM.  Take with vitamin C and you should see results to improve acne and hair issues.  The one side effect is upset stomach.  Start low, build up a tolerance.  Best used in crystal form, because you cannot take enough pills to get the benefits you require post bariatric surgery.  Do a little research to see if this will work for you.  I am over 15 years post surgery and just discovered 2 years ago.  Works excellent!  New hair growth.  Cannot attest that it works for genetic baldness, but seems to work for nutritional deficiency hair loss - continue with biotin.  Good luck! 

D66
on 7/29/14 11:33 pm

wow...15 years out post surgery. 

So, give us an update on how you're doing.

jbrookejones2
on 7/30/14 12:14 am
DS on 04/22/13

I had BPD DS on 4/22/13.  I lost a significant amount of hair in the first 6 months.  It is now coming back in and my hairdresser will be able to blend the new "baby" hair with existing hair on my next appointment.  I didn't experience break outs.

dragonlove
on 7/30/14 2:53 am, edited 7/30/14 2:58 am
RNY on 11/20/13

My hair has always been very fine.  (edited to note that I meant "fine" in texture, not like "It be some fine hair!" LOL) It started falling out at about 4 months.  It got so bad that you could see my scalp outline when I looked in the mirror and when taller people looked down at me. LOL!  Like others have said, it is a tradeoff with losing the weight!

Good news is that about the 7 month mark I started seeing teeny tiny hairs sticking up everywhere.  Now, at 8 months, I have a lot of 4" long hairs. At least the hair above my ears is thicker now!  I am still losing hair, but not as severely as I did earlier. My long hair is very thin below my ears, but I hate short hair on me so I'm dealing with it.  Funny - I used to wrap the small pony tail holders around twice - now it takes 4 times before they stay in!

For the OP: When's your wedding?

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active