My current "stall".

Stacy_WLS
on 9/30/14 4:33 am

For sure -- when I go out with my friends here I feel much more normal.  My family eats & drinks a lot!  They work out a ton, so have managed to all stay relatively normal weights.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

debk21
on 9/30/14 4:07 am - Mansfield, TX

Congrats on your lifelong stall and remission. I'm so thankful to have traveled this journey with you. It has really helped me to maintain the correct mindset throughout the process. I'll hit 4 years in a couple months and also feel normal now. It's such a wonderful feeling to not have to worry about others perceptions, yet it is imperative that we remain mindful of our own actions in order to maintain this normalcy. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! (((Hugs)))

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 5:06 am

That is all very mutual.  I too love having you with me on this journey.  It helps to be surrounded with people seeking the same goal, having similar mind sets and going through similar experiences.  You are an amazing role model.   Hugs right back. 

Ms Shell
on 9/30/14 4:36 am - Hawthorne, CA

I love when you post!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 5:05 am

I miss you too.  :)

Nmmsg
on 9/30/14 6:35 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Thanks for your post.  Right now I find the routine of my past year really helps me.  I pretty much eat like I did to lose the weight with a few extra additions.  I try to stay away from sugar and grains.  Try is the operative word but I generally do that. I like your idea of remission.  I hope at 5 years out I will continue to have the wisdom that you kindly share with us.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Tara W.
on 9/30/14 12:52 pm - Canada

"obesity is in remission".  I like that point of view!  Excellent way of looking at it

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 12:25 am

From my research into obesity, I think that the medical model of disease is by far the best model for understanding and working with obesity.  From this point of view, obesity is an incurable and degenerative. The best that any of us can hope for is to be in remission, the idea that we lose our weight forever and are cured, is not supported by the facts.  

ThinLizzy
on 10/1/14 12:48 am - Benicia, CA

Love it. And I would agree that living life as a normal thin person has become my way of ife. I do have to always remember, though, that I'm really NOT a normal thin person, just acting like one (hopefully all the time and forever). LIke Frisco said, my inner fat self is in remission!

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 2:08 am

I completely agree.  I know that I am not "normal" in this area and that obesity is always there, it is just in remission right now and as long as I stay mindful, will hopefully stay in remission for the rest of my life.  There are no guarantees, I will never say something like..." I have released 97 lbs forever".... Forever for me is a one day at a time process.  Each meal is the new beginning of forever and each meal can be the meal when this changes.  When I eat off plan, it might be okay and I will be able to get back on track the very next meal...or it might be the beginning of permanent regain.  I am not at all sure that I know what makes the real difference between these two scenarios. I wish I did know, I would sleep a lot easier.