Just seriously frustrated!

claricey
on 10/6/14 1:15 am

Yes I am taking my multi's, vitamin D, B12 and calcium.  Thanks for the reply as it really helps to know I am not alone in this frustration and that this could just be my new norm.

mmsmom
on 10/6/14 12:48 am - Woburn, MA

maybe you need to move more.  I find that when I don't walk, my weight loss slows down, and walking doesn't even really burn off that many calories.  Also, you say 1000 calories - probably need less and to make sure they are "good" calories.

VSG on 04/28/2014

claricey
on 10/6/14 1:17 am

Thanks for the note.  Yes I could definitely be moving more.  My nut actually increased my calories to 1000 to see if that would jump start my metabolism and or let my body know that the initial shock of surgery was over.  We are experimenting with different percentages of carbs to fats with protein always remaining 74-92 grams.  

mmsmom
on 10/6/14 1:20 am - Woburn, MA

Good luck.  I hope the nut and you figure things out.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

claricey
on 10/6/14 1:26 am

Thank you!  I really appreciate the notes and support here.  It helps tremendously just to know I'm not alone! :)

Lisa167
on 10/6/14 1:43 am
VSG on 08/14/14

You are SO not alone!

Reading your post, with the exception that you're a revision to the sleeve and I'm not, it was like reading what's happening to me.

I turn 52 next week.  I too wonder if age has anything to do with it.

I track every morsel in MFP.  Rarely go over 800 cal/day (hit 1000 because I upped my protein once last week just to shake things up - didn't work).  My normal intake is between 600-700.

I walk 2 miles at lunch time during the week, and either walk or do some other activity on the weekends.  I just got T-Tapp DVDs and will start that program.

My nut goes by protein, not calories.  I'm hitting my target, and limiting carbs.

I totally get your frustration!!  I haven't lost in two weeks, and even went up a couple.

Keep the faith!

claricey
on 10/6/14 1:56 am

Oh Lisa it is so good to see your reply.  I know peri-menopausal women have such a difficult time with weight gain/control even if they are not very overweight so I figured hormones could be at play as well.  You are definitely getting more exercise than I am and my intent is to amp up on that.  

I intend to keep doing what I'm told by my nut (who also prefers to go by percentage of nutrients instead of calories) and just as you said, "Keep the faith"!  It's just hard to get used to after having lost so quickly with the band the first few months i had it.  But that was 4 1/2 years ago and I was much heavier then.  

Thanks again for the note!

Lisa167
on 10/6/14 2:26 am
VSG on 08/14/14
On October 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM Pacific Time, claricey wrote:

Oh Lisa it is so good to see your reply.  I know peri-menopausal women have such a difficult time with weight gain/control even if they are not very overweight so I figured hormones could be at play as well.  You are definitely getting more exercise than I am and my intent is to amp up on that.  

I intend to keep doing what I'm told by my nut (who also prefers to go by percentage of nutrients instead of calories) and just as you said, "Keep the faith"!  It's just hard to get used to after having lost so quickly with the band the first few months i had it.  But that was 4 1/2 years ago and I was much heavier then.  

Thanks again for the note!

Hi Claricey...yes..Peri-menopausal.  I'm not trying to find an excuse, but I think that's a factor.  I started with that at age 40.  I've really had enough all ready! LOL

Gwen M.
on 10/6/14 1:45 am
VSG on 03/13/14

1000 calories seems like a lot for 7 weeks post-op.  

How much protein are you getting?  How many liquids?  What, exactly, are you eating each day?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

claricey
on 10/6/14 2:05 am

Thanks for your note.  I only upped calories to 1000 a week and 1/2 ago at my nut's recommendation to try to force a metabolic change.  My breakfast's consist of either lowfat cottage cheese, scrambled egg whites or a think thin protein bar as a meal replacement.  Lunch is almost always a can of chicken breast over a few lettuce leaves and fresh salsa or some green beans or carrots. (Alternate with shrimp or canned crab some days)  Dinners have been boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs on the grill or baked with some bbq sauce or spice, home made turkey chili, a turkey taco, tilapia or shrimp.  My liquids are 64 ounces/day and some days I do NOT reach it but rarely do i ever go over.  Its hard for me to get alot of water in.   That might be a good place to concentrate.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 86 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views