Just seriously frustrated!

Gwen M.
on 10/6/14 2:15 am
VSG on 03/13/14

First, an apology since I left my comment before I read all of your other comments.  I'm glad you're working closely with your NUT on this.  

It does seem like your food choices are pretty solid.  I would work on getting your liquids closer to 96 if you can and seeing if that helps at all!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

claricey
on 10/6/14 2:20 am

No worries at all and thanks for the replies GwenMo!  I am going to see if i can hit 96 today!   Also, not sure if it's related or not...I drink 1-32 ounce powerade zero per day.  Have been since surgery to replenish potassium/electrolytes.  Its on my current plan as well as Propel fitness water.  Just figured I'd mention it :)  Thanks again!

KattattaK
on 10/6/14 1:46 pm

Are those full of sodium like Gatorade? Water retention could be playing a part in this. Perhaps try the plain unflavored electrolyte water or the smar****er zeros. They're sweetened with stevia and aren't full of sodium. Just a thought. Hope things start looking up for ya really soon :)

claricey
on 10/6/14 11:38 pm

Thank you!  I checked and a full bottle has a total of 375 mg of sodium with no calories.  I do add this into my tracker on LoseIt.com and just checked to see if that could be a factor.  So far so good...it doesn't look like I've gone over the recommended allowance for a day yet.  

Thanks for dropping me a note!!!

Willie H.
on 10/6/14 4:07 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Not quite where you are (a week or two behind) but I went through a stall myself (at 4 weeks) and was frustrated. Stuck to the plan as I was told and as soon as I went in for Dr's check up, that previous weekend I lost 5 lbs! So funny how this thing works. I make sure that I eat every 3 hours hours so as to keep my metabolism going, although I am not always hungry. Funny thing though. Although I was not losing pounds I guess I was losing inches. Everyone was telling me how much weight it appeared I lost but I knew the scale was not saying anything-I just could not get under 300 lbs? . A suit i tried on about 3 weeks ago did not fit which I expected because it was a suit that would fit me at about 30 lbs lighter-270-275lbs. This weekend somehow the suit fit me-and was not even tight although my weight is at 295lbs!? So very strange? I definitely lost inches! So just hang in there, taking in the amount of calories we can only take in the weight and inches will eventually definitely come off, but like you I hate the stalls, like you I was thinking I would just stay that weight for my life thinking that "oh, I knew it would be different for me-works for everyone else but not ME!" Stalls are are extremely frustrating but now I know they are also necessary, the body is thinking and adjusting, adapting to our changed lifestyle. One week its gonna all break out and you'll be shocked at the weight lost!! I'm saying this now because in a few weeks I'll be complaining and fearful during a another stall but we all have to hang in there!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

claricey
on 10/6/14 4:48 am

Thanks for the reply! My surgeon told me the same thing about losing the inches...but although I have enjoyed fitting back into some smaller clothes I haven't seen a nice jump like that on the scale yet.  

I will definitely stay the course and I know my body will eventually catch up to where my mind thinks it should be. :)

Willie H.
on 10/9/14 5:21 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Yep. As I was told it's "trial and error" I started working out at gym really hard this week (4 times) and I am up 2 lbs!!!? So go figure? Just gotta stick with it day by day. As they all say "the weight HAS to come off" but our amazing bodies will fight and adjust until it is SURE that this is what we WANT it to do. "In a wonderful way we are made!"

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

nursebonnie
on 10/6/14 3:39 am
VSG on 08/19/14

You are not the only one! I am 62 and also a  band to sleeve revision. I had the band out for three months before being sleeved. I had lost 70 on the band and am considered a lightweight. I hit the three week stall on cue. Stalled for two weeks. Lost 4 pounds and have been stalled again for 10 days. grrrr. So frustrating. My Dr. and Nut go for pure calorie count 700_800 at this point. Since I had the band and at that time they concentrated on protein, I tend to track both. I am on target with calories, water, vites ad protein, and yet stall. I do ride a stationary bike 5 days a week for 15-20 miles each ride and ride hard!

I know in my old nurses heart that this stall can't last forever, but it is hard! And no my measurements are not "melting away" in any significant way.

All that grousing being said, I have lost over 26 pounds and only 20 to go  So there is no choice but to preserver.

Bonnie

claricey
on 10/6/14 4:51 am

Sounds like you are doing well!  I can't wait to see how upping my exercise will pay off although my nut told me she didn't think increased exercise at this point would make much of a difference which I found a bit odd.  

Totally agree...there is no other option than to stick it out.  This is my lifestyle now...there is no "going back" in my eyes.  

Thanks for the note!

Margeson2012
on 10/6/14 4:13 am

I'm also a revision patient - band to bypass - done on August 28. I am six weeks out today and as of my last weigh in at my docs office I have only lost 14 lbs since surgery. My doctor made it very clear to me that I shouldn't expect to lose fast like patients where were virgin to WLS, plus my hypothyroidism makes losing even slower. Just stay active and off the scales! It is the best thing you can do for yourself mentally! I gain muscle mass a lot quicker so all I do is see my scales go up once I start exercising.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 86 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views