Just seriously frustrated!

claricey
on 10/6/14 4:44 am

Thanks so much for the reply.  I really appreciate all of the sharing of ideas and experience here and it does help to have the idea underscored that I really should not be hopping on that scale every morning.  I am probably being harder on myself than i need to be and I could use a mental break. :)

Thanks again!

frisco
on 10/6/14 4:24 am

Take this for what it's worth..... I have no idea if it will be inspirational or not....

Your guidance seems to be polar opposite of what I have learned to be the "most" effective for massive WL.

At 7 weeks I was more in the 400-500 cal range. !/2 of scrambled egg was a meal.

1000-1200 cals are typical numbers for early maintenance and I'm not surprised with your slower WL.

Sure, plans are different I get that..... but some plans are more effective than others.

*****Not telling you what to do.... The PC disclaimer is "follow your doctors plan"

frisco 

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

claricey
on 10/6/14 4:42 am

Thanks Frisco!  The 1000 cal jump was an attempt made to see if my body responded with a metabolic change to the increase in additional calories.  (Which it did not)  So I am back to the 600-800 range per day.   Also needing to increase my water as I can barely get in 64 ounces now...but am making a concerted effort to up it to 96 for a few days and if that works continue on.

Appreciate the note!! :)

nursebonnie
on 10/6/14 4:41 am
VSG on 08/19/14

Frisco,

I am taking your knowledge to heart and going to cut my calories back to 550. I really average about 650 now, but think going down instead of up is the way to go. I was told not to eat if you are not hungry. I do tend to eat something at mealtimes because I don't think prolonged fasting is a good idea for me. I am 62, but in good physical shape, but get pretty fatigued and foggy in the brain on no food..

MegZorar
on 10/6/14 12:38 pm

Be careful of hidden carbs, like so-called "fruit" at the bottom of yogurt (its mostly sugar/syrup). They sneak up on you and slow things down

claricey
on 10/6/14 9:09 pm

Thanks for that tip.  I have cut back on yogurt a lot since week 3 and will keep an eye on it for sure!  

Kelly Jean
on 10/6/14 10:01 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

First take a deep breath !!!! :-) everything will fall into place !!! I agree with other's I would bring it down to. 600 -  800 calories a day and also watch your carbs ... don't go over 40 a day !!! And drink drink drink more more more water at least 64 but more is better it will keep you hydrated and help flush you out!!! 

And some how or another you need to try to get some exercise in What abou****er areboics or short walks or chair exercise!!! You can do this....

Also have you taken your measurements if not take them now!!!! So when u do have those dreadful stalls It will at least show inches moving!!! I'm 47 and started menopause at 40 dues to a full hysterectomy so it can and will happen just have faith and give it time...  work it hard it will work for you!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

claricey
on 10/6/14 10:15 pm

Thank you Kelly!  When I weighed in this morning...another 1/2 pound up so this is just getting very discouraging.  However, your note and all the great messages from folks on here are really helping me keep my perspective.  It almost defies logic that my body isn't just shedding the pounds given my caloric intake alone.  I have changed back to the 600-800 calorie range...my nut wants me to get ~80 grams of protein per day.  I just have run out of ideas for low fat, low carb, high protein foods.  My diet is pretty darn boring :(   Do you have any ideas for me or meal plans that worked real well for you???   Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Kelly Jean
on 10/6/14 10:26 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

In the beginning it is very boring!!! I eat a ton of chicken season it up a tad I grill it and I'll have turkey and fish lots of fish talipia with a dribble of olive oil some lemon juice and some dill ... crab meat lobster  shrimp some steak here and there ... I'd much rather eat a lot of that then any potatoes or stuff like that I Stay away from sides they are killer carbs at least for now!!!  Check out Frisco 's menus if u like to cook he has some beautiful looking meals!!! I wish I had time to create his menus !!!  Don't have any protein bars unless u have to ... if and when I have them they become my meal not snack ... I believe the lowest on carb one is the quest and that still has 23 carb and when you think about it we should only have 40 that's a lot.... protein first then if u have any room and u shouldn't have much go with veggies !!! Stay away from all sides...for now You got this keeps going!!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 121 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 354 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views