13 days post op and not losing weight.

mwaggs215
on 5/3/15 11:35 pm - Jacksonville , NC

I had surgery on April 21st. I had been losing about a pound a day for the first week. Now I haven't lost anything for about five days. I'm following the liquid diet from the doctor and walking everyday. The only thing I'm struggling with is drinking enough but I'm still drinking. Any ideas what's going on? I go to the doctor tomorrow for my two week post-op appointment.

Martinidale
on 5/4/15 1:10 am

Hi! Congrats! on your progress so far.   Your body is adjusting to the new norm.  It happens to most people including myself.   

Stay on the course you are on.  Continue to drink water.   Just realize there are going to be plateaus' as your body adjusts to the new situation.   

I KNOW you will continue to lose.    Keep with the program  :-)

Keep us posted.   

mickeymantle
on 5/4/15 1:31 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

the dreaded 3  rd week stall It happens to everyone , normal weight loss range for the first month is 1/2 to 1 pounds a day

that s 15 -30 pounds a month , but it starts slowing down after the first month or 2  then more like 10 -15 lb a month

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

beelitehobbies
on 5/4/15 3:18 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

I am 1 week Post op and still no weight loss. surgeon and nursing staff said that is not unusual for sometimes sveral weeks? Everyone is different. The body reacts to the surgery often in a protection mode and holds a lot of water.

Drink and Walk. When in doubt walk some more. That is the advice I got.

Thanks Brad

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/4/15 8:55 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Click on the little magnifying glass in the upper right hand title bar and type in "three week stall."  All your questions will be answered.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

i8it77
on 5/4/15 9:27 am
VSG on 04/21/15

I also had surgery on the 21st! I also have not had the scale budge for last 3 days! I had my 2 week follow up today and I was told that it is normal to platu here and there just keep getting the protien and fluids and exercise and it will move. Not sure if this helps but this is what I was told today.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views