I WantTo Cry

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/4/16 4:34 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Congrats on making it thru the minefields of a birthday party. The liquid phase can be really tough, but its just a bump in the road. Don't let this deter you from surgery. It does get better.

Definitely have a discussion with your hubby & family to let them know that you're serious about this, the teasing etc doesn't help. They don't have to like what you're doing but they should respect your decision. Would they tease a cancer patient about losing her hair? I'm guessing no, you're getting treatment for a disease, they should treat it as seriously as you are.  

You're not alone. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

KatnMac
on 2/4/16 9:14 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

Thank you for your response. I had great talks with my husband and parents today, and I know they'll support me 100 percent moving forward. I do believe they didn't realize how upset I had become last night, and that for me, even a bite of that food could have led me down a path to just one more and then another. Such a slippery slope! But I'm feeling better today and have more resolve. Thank you for helping me get there!

Jbags58
on 2/7/16 10:48 am - Stockton, CA

I'm SO GLAD you had that talk....keep up the good work and it will be all down hill from here!  GREAT JOB!  I'm Proud of you for taking care of YOU! :)

~~ Julie ~~

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 7:37 am - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

You did amazing!!!! That must have been so hard and gut wrenching when you did not get the support from your family. 

My parents do not want me having the surgery and since I live with them now it has been tough goings, I am on day 3 of my 2 week liquid diet and it is tough , but I planned my surgery away from holidays and events and even though there are some fun things happening like a girls night out whi*****ludes my fave restaurant I know i just need to avoid it at all costs, it takes strength and will power and if you want it bad enough you find a way to push through, so do not give up, you are doing this for you, for your health, for your kids so you can see your grandchildren one day, 

it is temporary this liquid phase and we will get through this, and you are so not rambling, that iswhat this place is for... I am so thankful I found this site as it give me the support I am not getting elsewhere. 

I have explained to my family that this is what I want, and what it means to me and that I will follow what I was told to follow even if they do not agree. Then bring them to a support group, we have monthly meetings at the place I am having my surgery done, maybe bring your family there so they can get how important this is for you . 

If you need to vent I am here, we are going through it at the same time 

Hang in there, be strong, remember your goals, stay focused, keep busy and keep your eye on the prize!!!! 

hugs!! 

Jennifer 

KatnMac
on 2/6/16 9:53 am
VSG on 02/15/16

I feel like you are going something so similar! Since I spoke with my husband, he's totally supportive. But my parents are a bit different. I know they're trying, but sometimes it's the little things. We went over last night, and the family had dinner. Mom spent a long time making me a blended and strained soup from beans, but we realized I can have strained soup on my post op diet, not the pre op diet. Anyway, she said a cup wouldn't hurt me. But I can't knowingly eat something I shouldn't! I need to keep proving to myself I can do this. Then my dad asked why I need the surgery if I can lose weight like I am right now. He doesn't understand how hard this is right now! And, honestly, it's something I'm asking myself too.

Today my daughter is having some friends over, pizza and games. I'm going to entertain the moms, wish me luck on the pizza. Pizza is such a weakness for me. But I have beef broth with taco seasoning planned (that is yummy if you haven't tried it yet).

Sounds like you're doing good too! Sorry you don't have your parents support, but I'm here if you need anyone! 

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 6:52 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

So glad your husband is supportive, sorry for the delay in getting back , I work weekends very long hours. It was really nice your mom tried to make the soup for you. My mom was eating fried chicken and chocolate and smiled at me lol , she said she was trying to hide it ,, yea haha , She has been a little more receptive to this process as she sees me continuing this pre op diet and doing it ... I think she worries more than not. Maybe our parents so and say what they do because they are concerned of the risks. However they do not see that when they say certain things or whatnot that it is hard for us... Yes we can lose weight by not eating and only drinking but when we stop we are going to eat the foods we have been craving and then what,.... we gain it all back! 

I have been frustrated as I have been following this pre op diet to a fault and only lost 2 lbs. This seems to be what happens to me, I can't lose weight for anything. That is why I am praying that this surgery finally does the trick... The beef broth with taco seasoning sounds yum. I keep worrying about the salt from doing the broths and stuff, I limit to 2 cups a day. 

I just got in the Unjury brand chicken soup protein powder, and OMG it is like having creamy chicken soup, by lipton cup of soup. It is a lot of sodium but 21 protein and 2 carbs and only 100 calories!! 

I feel hungry every second of every day and that stinks

I hope you did not cave with the pizza party, and I hope you were able to have fun. I have been craving pizza myself lately, sooo hard. I bet you did great!!!! 

Hang in there we got this!!! So close yet feels like so far... before you know it we will be talking about our recovery.... :) 

KatnMac
on 2/7/16 7:31 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

The party went really well, and I didn't slip at all! I had jello with protein in it, and that helped a ton. Then I had a "smoothie" with peanut butter flavored protein while everyone had cake, and it was delicious. My five year old wanted a milkshake, too. Lol. If you like peanut butter, I highly recommend it. I'll let you know the brand if you want.

im worried about the sodium too, but have been using low sodium beef broth and seasonings... I found that chili powder, cumin, onion powder and garlic are pretty yummy too, and it thickens a bit when I use unflavored protein.

im also going between vegetable protein and animal based protein, and that seems to help a bit with my hunger...maybe it's in my head, but I'll take it!

I've read a lot that it's supposed to be easier the longer we're on the liquid diet, but today was hard. I've been starving all day. 

I cant ant decide if I want the next week to go quickly or slowly. Quickly so I can get through this part, slowly so I can still change my mind, lol.

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 7:46 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Peanut butter smoothie sounds yum!! YAY for you, you overcame another obstacle... ANd lets have the week go by fast... you got this, no turning back now... you will regret it if you did... you have come so so so far!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! 

NYMom222
on 2/5/16 2:48 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You did awesome!! It is not easy. I went to a wedding 10 days after my surgery and couldn't eat anything... it can be rough. It does get easier, yes we still have to make good choices... but you will be able to enjoy food and enjoy socializing. Just on your terms.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

KatnMac
on 2/6/16 9:59 am
VSG on 02/15/16

Thank you. I'm doing better with all of the support here, but still have moments of doubt. It's nice to hear from those of you who have gone through this and are doing well and don't have regrets!

Most Active