I WantTo Cry

Jbags58
on 2/7/16 10:45 am - Stockton, CA

Good Morning Kat!

I am just getting back on this site after many many years. I was a part of it when Kay Baily first started it.  I'm and OG as we call it for the Gastric Bypass (12 years ago this month!

However, I was doing some research for my father on the sleeve as I know NOTHING about it!

First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS for you for making it through a very rough night at your daughters birthday. First, one of the most important things is that your family friends (support system) are informed about exactly what it is your going through so they can SUPPORT you rather than push food on you (they don't even realize it) But I'm proud of you for making it through it and continuing on! THIS is the hardest part!  Heck it was hard for me to do it for 2 days before a colonoscopy! LOL

YOU CAN and WILL do this for the rest of your life!  Because #1 you wont be on a liquid diet forever and you DO WANT IT or you wouldn't be at this point in your life where you have chosen to do this!!  REMEMBER THAT! YOU CAN DO THIS!!  AND YOU WILL!

CARRY ON....1 day at a time and remind your friends and family when you need to that you need SUPPORT or say nothing at all!

Good luck!  You are GOING TO ROCK THIS and you will BE SO THANKFUL YOU DID!  It's a life changer and something I wish I had done many years before I did as I'm 57 now...and still thankful!

Take care! Cant wait to read all about your journey!!!

Hugs, Julie :)

~~ Julie ~~

SweetLynn2001
on 2/9/16 11:23 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 08/02/16

I'm currently in the process of doing my 6 month supervised diet and let me just tell you, you did amazing. The fact that you stuck to your guns while only in the pre-op diet phase says a lot. That shows you or at least i believe it should show you that you really want this and you are willing to do what it takes to get it. 

This phase is temporary and this time next year when your daughter is turning 14 you'll be able to participate with food, just with a limited amount. 

Most Active