One week post op - I'm grumpy!

obioxiupa
on 5/2/16 8:16 pm

I'm Right there with you!  Im feeling better each day, and the progression of my nutritionist allows for eating some real food already this week - but I can't eat hardly any of it!  Lol.  So patience.  But new today is feeling so emotional about everything.

i guess it's a journey, something new every day!

good luck, let me know how it goes

Darcy G.
on 5/2/16 8:02 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Totally sympathize, Chiquita. I'm grumpy too--not snapping at everyone, but I burst into tears at the drop of a hat. Actually, easier than that--if I think... So glad I haven't cried today? I'm totally going to get teary right then.

During my second hospital admission, I was watching Forensic Files, and just started sobbing for the poor woman who'd been murdered 2+ decades ago.. And thus gave up Forensic Files for now...

Hormones SUCK!!

xx

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

obioxiupa
on 5/2/16 8:32 pm

Crying for forensic files is awesome.

im hoping to not yell at my boss and ruin my career!  At least I'm aware I'm feeling on edge so I can tell myself I need to let things go....

I'm enjoying the journey, something new every day.

tara

Darcy G.
on 5/2/16 8:47 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I wasn't just weepy, either. It was full-on ugly crying. :)

Having something you can do when the urge to bite off heads rises... Something physical, like the old rubberband on the wrist to snap... Or humming the Darth Vader theme music instead  Having something active to do helps me with knee-jerk reactions, or lusting after sweets.

The format of thus post has gonbe squirrelly... 

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

cabin111
on 5/2/16 8:28 pm

Just visiting from the RNY Board...But I thought I would respond.  In your fat cells are stored hormones...These include estrogen and testosterone.  As you loose weight rapidly the hormones get released.  The crazy thing with this issue is effects men more in some ways...They also have some estrogen in their fat cells.  Men who have been stable and strong...Would never cry in public, all of a sudden feel like they are falling apart and don't know the reason why.  Estrogen dump... 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views