Surgery Monday & I need a buddy

KarolElin
on 5/5/16 4:40 pm

I have been reading and learning on this forum since December, but I haven't really made any connections with any of you. So, hi my name is Karol and I am a recovering carb-aholic. I am 43 years old, 5'11" HW 368 CW297. I have VSG scheduled for Monday May 9th and currently suffering through DAY 4 PRE-OP CLEAR LIQS DIET. 

"Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle."-Jon Acuff

5'11" HW 368;  SW 294; 1 MO -10.2; 2 MO -7.9; 3 MO -12.4; 4 MO -8.4; 5 MO -7.1  CW 242

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 5/5/16 5:07 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Karol,

Congrats on your choice to get healthy. So glad you decided to reach out on the board. I would be willing to try to keep in touch with you and try to help with any questions you have. This board has help a lot of people and I am so glad I am one of them. Make sure you listen to your doctors team. Get ready for a wild ride. I know it was beyond my wildest dreams. Keep positive and keep in touch.

Eric

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

KarolElin
on 5/6/16 6:09 pm

Thanks so much for responding. Wow, it really means a lot to know I have someone to sympathize with me. I look forward to to my wild ride. Congratulations on your success. 

jazzygirlnc
on 5/5/16 5:37 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Welcome!  This journey is challenging and exciting all at once. Remember to follow your surgeons advice, but there is also great advice and help here too. And don't stress yourself out comparing your weight loss to others, each journey is different. Congratulations on your surgery day!

Height: 5'9" // VSG: 4/14/2016

HW: 297# (while pregnant) // SW: 273.1# // CW: 187.8# //

GW: 145#

Lost thus far: 85.3# // Until Goal: 42.8#

Percent Excess Weight Loss: 66.5%

KarolElin
on 5/6/16 6:13 pm

Thanks for that insight. Comparison is the thief of joy! Look forward to getting to know you better and watching your story unfold.  

katblue
on 5/5/16 5:50 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Hi Karol!

I'll be your buddy!  I'm just about a month ahead of you.  I think the pre-op is the most difficult of the journey so far - so hang in there and follow the plan - The thing that kept me going through the pre-op diet was 1) it is for a very limited time 2) I dropped 13 lbs during my 9 day pre-op diet.  Just stay focused and know that it is sooo worth it! You'll do great!

5'7"  Start Wt 268.5 / VSG SURGERY 4/6/16 249.5 / CW 192

/ GOAL 158

M1-24  M2-9  M3-11.9 M4 - in progress

KarolElin
on 5/6/16 6:16 pm

Thank you so much. I will add you as a friend. Congratulations, you are doing fantastic for being a month out.  

Happytiger
on 5/5/16 6:08 pm
VBG on 05/11/16

i'm right there with you! surgery on wednesday and on day 8 of liquid diet...oye.  i am happy to keep in touch and share experiences. i can safely say that this is crazy hard and i feel like i have pregnancy brain all over again! i hope you're managing ok- i found that my stomach pretty much gave up looking for food after day four :)

KarolElin
on 5/6/16 6:22 pm

Mine is very vocal, I'm not really hungry I guess it is all the liquids shooting through my intestines. But Jeez, every time I smell my family's meals, I start salivating. Hang in there, this too shall pass. Will be thinking of you on your big day, I will still be in the hospital on Wednesday and I don't know if I will be able to get internet or phone service. I will add you to my friends list.

Ray R.
on 5/5/16 7:49 pm - Paterson, NJ

Welcome!!!

day is right around the corner!!! before you know it you'll be joining the loser's bench!!!  Everybody is nice and welcoming and I'm relatively new to the sleeve world, I'm 7 days post-op, so not too far behind.wish you a safe and a speedy recovery!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views