Update - 2 years Post Surgery

Tlove6
on 7/12/16 7:05 am

Hi everyone!

Its been a while since I've posted but since I just passed my 2 year surgiversary, I thought I would check in for the newbies. 

Surgery weight was 280, I'm 5'7 1/2" tall. I lost about 100 pounds in the first year and have been maintaining a weight between 175-180 for the past year. I think I'd like to try for 165, but that's probably a head game due to the extra skin. Overall I'm pleased with how I look in clothes, size 10, but my thighs, butt and arms are very loose. I'm trying to accept it and not obsess, but is tough. 

I've done things this past year I never thought I would ever do again: amusement rides, water slides, running, singing on a stage, and I've started Ballroom dancing and look to compete!

I have to try hard everyday not to "carb-out". I choose not to eat bread or pasta. I allow myself pizza and a little dessert from time to time. I drink a shake most days and exercise 3-4 times a week. My sleeve is still good to hold about 3-4 ounces of dense protein and I do not feel hunger like I used to. 

It's a lifelong journey, not a quick fix. I know that I could gain it all back in a heartbeat if I didn't work the program. 

Good luck to you all and happy proteining!! 

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/12/16 8:55 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Awesome job on maintaining! :D

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/16 9:30 am

Congratulations on a successful two years! 

mylastchance
on 7/12/16 4:23 pm

Great, great job.  This is a lifelong journey.  Those that don't understand think it's a quick fix, the easy way out,  but oh my gosh,  this is way harder than they think.    I think you are doing very well and though the loose skin is something that is playing with your mind,  just think about where you came from and how much better your quality of life is and the many things you are involved in now. 

No one sees what is under your clothes other than you and your husband/???  Anyone who loves you doesn't care about that.  Try to live your life now and don't dwell on the small stuff. 

I was checked out of my life for so long that this loose skin is nothing to what I was missing out on.  My children don't have pictures of me from the time they were 3 until at least 18, and even then there is only a couple and it was because they were going into the military and so I took a picture with them.  Now that is a sad situation, but that is how I lived my life.  Now I am in pictures all over the place.  I am even one of those who will photo bomb at family and friend outings.  I am having a blast and the loose skin isn't even a thought.

Keep up the good work,  and enjoy all those fun things you're doing.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

PCOSYoYo
on 7/12/16 9:42 pm
VSG on 05/13/16

Congrats and  thanks for sharing!

I have very similar start points to you, so this is super encouraging for me . My 2 month mark post op date is tomorrow so I'll weigh in and do photos/measurements....  But even without those I feel pretty fantastic compared to prior tonsurgery. I hope to get where you are one day!

Congrats again!

-Natalie VSG 5/13/16. 5'6" -- HW 283 . SW 266

Post vsg: M1 -32 , M2 -14 , M3-19

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 195 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op