Heartbroken

Secrets224
on 7/22/16 6:43 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Hey,  it's nobody's fault,  you know. Just a hurdle I have to go through. Just really killed me,  so close to my date that I've had for 3 months, 11 days to go and now it's gotta be postponed for months. It sucks. But I'll get thru it. I know you all will be here when my date comes around again. 

mylastchance
on 7/22/16 5:49 pm

Setbacks stink!!!  Just don't let this get in the way to the goal you have.  You will get there.  Be positive,  use this extra time to continue working on how you are going to succeed in your new healthier life.  I know the wind was just knocked out of you but this will work out. Sometimes airlines will allow you to cancel things under emergency situations...maybe your sister can get it changed for when you will have surgery.

Maybe there are some friends who can help get the kids to and from school and watch the little one while you are in the hospital. 

Sometimes we just have to ask.  I'll be watching for updates on this and cheering you on through it all.  Wishing you the best and keep coming here to this site for motivation and support.  Good luck to you.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Secrets224
on 7/22/16 6:28 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

We'll just have to see what happens as things progress. It's gonna be at least 2 months.  Thank you for the support!!! ?

SoCalDee
on 7/22/16 7:11 pm
VSG on 06/24/16

Oh, I am SO sorry you are going thru this.

Hand in there, I am positive things will work out.  Are there other parents in your area that could help taking the kids to school and picking them up? Could you hire a "mommy helper" for a few days? Can your SO switch his vacation? 

Sending good thoughts your way!

5'0 Heaviest 247.4 Surgery Weight 236.0  Goal 140

*Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable*

Secrets224
on 7/26/16 9:18 am
VSG on 09/27/16

I work all day and so does my SO. I dont know anybody where I live because im never home. And even if someone could pick the kids up for us, their dad doesn't get home until 7:45 PM every day. That's very rough to put on someone during the school year, especially if they have kids of their own. And no, he can't switch his vacation, once its approved, he has to take it. And we thought everything was fine, especially since he just put it in 2 weeks ago. There were no issues as far as we knew. So it just screwed everything up. 

McLassie
on 7/22/16 8:22 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

I'm really sorry. That news would be devastating. I understand how hard it is to get all your ducks in a row before surgery, and now it's all pushed back. I hope this feels like a blip in the radar down the road when it's all said and done. Hang in there!

TimeToHealRich2016
on 7/23/16 1:11 pm - CA
VSG on 07/11/16

BTW what an interesting name...Secrets.  Please be happy that they found the infection and are getting you off to the BEST start, albeit later, with your journey.  I believe that you are strong for getting to this stage 'cause we all know, many many many people don't take this major step.  I had 9 months of delays from last summer to March when I pleasantly "got on with".  Like you, had some issues to deal with (angiogram, tests, etc.) so I can feel for you but know that you can do this!  Inconveniences are just that...not life changing.  Betcha you look back and say, I am stronger for all the turns I made and also you will be better at handling the downs (aka ups-and-downs) which will surely arise later.  It's inevitable that other things will beat on your psyche...so keep it together and smile.

Best of luck in the days ahead!  We'll support you!

HW: 447 SW: 415 GW: 240 CW: 339 Total WL = 110

WL: Pre-op: -32 M1: -27 M2: -19 M3: -14 M4: -9 M5 & M6: -9 in progress

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/16 7:45 am

I'm so sorry for this setback!!  It must be so frustrating.  I would be beside myself with up upset.  I'm waiting for a surgery date.  So far so good.   

Hang in there.  It will all be worth it in the end!!  Just by chance, are you in Canada or the States? 

Keep us posted.  We will be here for sure!!

???

Secrets224
on 7/26/16 9:14 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Thanks! It is extremely upsetting and all the plans are ruined. Its going to be almost impossible to re-schedule once September hits. I've had my surgery date since my surgical consult. They gave me 3 months to get all the pre-op testing done. I did that, but this popped up and screwed everything. and I'm in the US. just sucks. Extremely disappointing. 

FuturePinUp
on 7/25/16 8:43 am

Ugh! So sorry to hear about this setback!

I'm really surprised they didn't check you for H Pylori as one of the first steps - prior to pre-op testing and diet. Since it often takes a week or two to cure, and may require more than one round of treatment, you'd think they want to get that our of the way first. My office tested me right when I had completed my insurance requirements, prior to scheduling me for a surgery date.

It's hard now but this WILL happen and you will be on the "loser's bench" soon enough. I'm rooting for you!!!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active