Heartbroken

Secrets224
on 7/26/16 9:13 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Well, the issue is that my insurance doesn't have any requirements, they defer to the surgeon's requirements. So i completed everything, but wasn't able to get dates quickly and i didn't have my endoscopy until 7/6 and the doctor never got back to me until 7/18 (even though i was calling like a nutcase) then finally tells me i need to come in for an appointment. She could have told me that i had this as soon as the results came back and then everything wouldnt be pushed out so far. But im on the antibiotics now, they are killing my stomach and no matter how much yogurt i eat, i can feel a major yeast infection coming on and im only on day 4. Ughhh. Plus i have to take this medicine for 14 days (8 pills per day, 6 antibiotics and 2 acid blockers) plus i have to take a month of some other medicine and then have a re-scope to see if the medicine worked. and yes, sometimes it doesnt work and ill have to repeat it again and the surgery will be further away. It just sucks. 

prettisleeve
on 7/26/16 1:35 pm

OMG!! I just saw this! I am soooooo sorry! Dont let it get you down hunny, I know its hard. We just discussed that on another post on how when we have things planned, something always comes out the blue to change things. Ugh!!! We wont say the surgery is canceled we are going to say your surgery has just been postponed. I hope everything clears up for you. If you want to talk just let me know hunny. I just received my date today and was super excited then I saw your post and it made me sad. Again I'm sorry hunny.

Secrets224
on 7/27/16 1:20 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Awww. Thanks sweetie! It is a setback, and im actually alot more mentally devastated than i thought i would be. Plus the medicine (antibiotics) they have me on, I MUST eat with some kind of bread or it makes me sick. I tried taking it with just my protein shake, a cup of corn flakes, oatmeal or a yogurt and it just wasn't helping the upset stomach/pain, so that's screwing with my weight loss now because I literally haven't eaten bread in like a month, preparing for surgery, plus was 4 days into the pre-op diet and really doing great, mentally focused and everything and this has just de-railed me completely. Im surely having big second thoughts because im a true "everything happens for a reason" girl, and i don't know what to do. I know i need to do this, that hasn't changed, but now im scared. I had all my confidence built up and ready to go and tackle this and my feet got knocked out from under me. Now i just feel down. Hopefully, once i am cleared and they set a new date, i will feel better, but right now, there are no other words for it except this sucks. 

BUTTT... I am so excited to hear that you got your date sweetie!!! When is it??? 

Most Active