4 Days Since Sleeve & Obsessed with an Egg.

DakotaCJ
on 10/17/16 4:18 pm

Thank you for the thoughtful response.

cici123
on 10/20/16 3:19 pm

Too early for eggs.   I had a scrambled egg at about 4 weeks post surgery.   It was a bit tough to handle, suprisingly.   I really had about half.  Stick with shakes, drinks, soup, yogur****ery cream of wheat,   refried beans that are softened up with a little broth..that kind of thing.  Don't rush your system.

DakotaCJ
on 10/26/16 6:19 am

Thank you cici123. What do you mean by tough to handle? I don't ask sarcastically because I have  not had any trouble with food. It worries me because I feel I have no limit ( I know that is a false belief). The ONLY thing I get is one giant gas bubble and then I stop. But is that what you feel?

cici123
on 10/26/16 2:23 pm

I almost don't know how to explain what I meant by "tough to handle".  They did not make me feel sick or anything like that, I think I had a hard time getting the eggs down, like perhaps the healing incision was causing friction or something.  I picked scrambled eggs as an early food to try because to me they seem so soft and mellow and have protien.  Well, I also remember having this sense like the egg was like dry cotton balls on the way down and then I had this feeling like something was stuck in my throat or just past my throat...I now know from experience that nothing is stuck there, but for me I just get that feeling if I eat a little too fast, or if I am not paying attention and eat bigger bites or a touch too much.  It's almost an immediate feeling.  So the thing is that everyone is different.  I think you will learn with experimentation.  Don't buy too much of anything, because you might find that you cannot stand the flavor for now, or that it just does not agree with you in some way.

O.k. I have been really wordy here, and I probably have not really made anything much clearer.  You know sometimes it is so difficult to find the right words to really describe a physical sensation..   Cici123

DakotaCJ
on 10/26/16 2:28 pm

Cici you made a lot of sense and I appreciate you taking the time. It's all so new and like you said I have new sensations. Thank you!