I'm Sad

facetedginger
on 11/1/17 6:51 am

As a new member, I had wondered if the forums used to be busier. I've only been lurking for a few weeks, but decided to create an account today.

As someone who uses social media every day, I will say that was definitely my very first thought when I was looking for "support groups." While I'm in several, I really prefer my FB to remain about family and friends so I went seeking other venues.

This forum has been extremely helpful already and I look forward to being an active member while I'm preparing for surgery and post VSG. I'm currently in the waiting phase where I've finished all of my pre-work and am simply waiting on the insurance approval and a date to be scheduled.

Hopefully the forums will revitalize.

NHPOD9
on 11/1/17 6:51 am

Just curious, but do you have many people blocked? Or have others blocked you? Maybe one of the reasons you do not see much activity is because you limited what/who you can see.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Keith L.
on 11/1/17 7:26 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I really wouldn't know, but even if I come to the site after logging out I don't see the level of traffic I did back in the day.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

NHPOD9
on 11/1/17 7:34 am

If you look under the settings wheel at My Friends, you will see a subsection titled blocked, which has everyone you have blocked listed. If you blocked many of the regular, prolific posters, what you would be seeing would (obviously) be less.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Nikke2003
on 11/1/17 10:09 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I don't post as much because, frankly, I got busy. It happens. I also saw an uptick in the amount of people that did not want to hear truth, no matter how nicely it was put to them. Do not come here and tell me you eat 500 calories a day, spend an hour in the gym, and still can't lose weight.... then tell me you "don't have time" to accurately weight/measure/track everything you eat and drink. It's just not true. And, do not come here and tell me you're eating tacos a month after surgery and that's ok because it's on your surgeon's plan. Don't ask for advice and then ignore the answers because it isn't what you want to hear.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Amy R.
on 11/1/17 10:18 am

"I will do my best to stay engaged. My cir****tances are much different today than when I was active."

This. From a reply of yours (Keith) earlier up in this thread. You started this whole topic by complaining/commenting how "it makes me sad that this is no longer the wonderful community it used to be" due to a perceived lack of participation here. People leave. People join. And the participation is likely down with the huge increase of on-line support groups provided by fb and other social media.

But. To come here and complain about lack of participation and traffic and the loss of some of the more seasoned members who are many years out is a little disingenuous when you turn right around and excuse your own lack of participation (quoted above). Isn't it possible that many you know longer see here also have had changes to their own cir****tances? Or does that only hold true for you?

You want more participation? Then PARTICIPATE. That's kind of how it works, isn't it?

Keith L.
on 11/1/17 2:54 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Feel better now? Get your negativeness out enough for today?

Amy R.
on 11/1/17 4:00 pm

Yep. I actually DO feel better. People who talk out of both sides of their mouths annoy me.

Isn't it interesting that when I quoted your own words you labeled my post as negative. Go figure.

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 8:36 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Guess you didn't get it all out of your system. It wasn't your quote that was negative it was everything after that. I'm sorry that you are annoyed by me, my suggestion would be to not read my posts. Glad I could give you a platform to express your negativity, hopefully whatever is wrong in your life to make you this way resolves itself soon. If I can offer you advice, please feel free to ask.

Amy R.
on 11/2/17 2:50 pm

Oh my goodness. You're going to be one of THOSE. Have you considered that you just may be a tad full of yourself?

Please, by all means, slither on though. You'll be entertaining for a bit. Until you take your ball and go home again.

Knock yourself out with the last word; you seem to need it and I'd hate to deprive you of that.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views