I'm Sad

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 3:22 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Funny I was thinking exactly the same thing about you.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

NanaB73
on 11/1/17 3:14 pm

I am brand new here and just want to say how I have been blessed already. I posted about a discouragement and received so many wonderful responses. I am so happy to have found this forum. I want to be able to be part of the conversation as much as I can as I go through this journey. I've not had surgery yet, so have no advice, I'm just thankful to be part of this support group.

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 8:38 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

That's great to hear. I spent a long time on this site before my surgery not only as a way to research the surgery and doctors but also to get advice pre-surgery. Its a great way to get good information that you can verify with your doctor.

Shannon S.
on 11/1/17 3:29 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I've noticed it's not too active, but the feedback I've gotten is a great help/comfort to me. There are a couple of trollish types, but I block them and keep it movin'!!!!

Amy R.
on 11/2/17 2:55 pm

How are your nerves Shannon? I was catching up on old posts and saw that you were dealing with a bit of pre-op jitters. Hopefully that's resolved now for the most part since you are so much closer to your surgery.

Because honestly you're going to do great. =)

Shannon S.
on 11/2/17 4:03 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Well I'm still pretty nervous. Starting reading some stuff on VSG and GERD yesterday and it had my feathers ruffled once again, but I'm hanging in there. Surgery is still set for Tuesday. Thanks so much for asking.

Amy R.
on 11/2/17 8:16 pm

I'm glad you're hanging in. It is nerve-wracking; I remember coming and posting about it myself when I was still a pre-op. Pampering yourself a bit seems to help a bit if you're in a position to do that.

Honestly I think it's more "normal" than not to be a little apprehensive. I worry about people who aren't. And just think, a week from today you'll be all done with the hardest part and on your way. =)

cindy1199
on 11/1/17 9:44 pm
VSG on 07/29/15

Wow, I just joined because I wanted to find some caring support from others who can relate to my issue of gaining some weight back after VGS. But after coming upon several posts in response to Keith's...I'm Sad, I feel I may have made a mistake I found absolutely nothing insinuating that his post was arrogant or self righteous in any way. It sounds more to me like someone is not happy with herself and came off a little hostile. I don't know that this is the kind of group I'm looking for. I think maybe, Hollykim , the group you need support from is something other than Obesity Help.

ReplayQueen
on 11/2/17 7:28 am
VSG on 04/18/17

Hi Keith,

My name is Debi and I had gastric band surgery 16 yrs ago. Lost over 130 lbs and kept it off for about 11-12 yrs before having complications forced my dr to eliminate all restriction. I gained about 60 lbs over the next couple of years.

My doc removed my band and replaced it with the sleeve in hopes of losing the weight I gained. That was on April 18, 2017. I've lost 42 lbs so far and I'm struggling.

I totally agree that not only was support a huge part of my success but I actually facilitated a support group for 17 men and woman for over 7 yrs! Once I starting re-gaining I broke off the group as others were following me with re-gain. I realized how important support groups and sites like these were.

Now it seems NO ONE attends a support group anymore and it's hard to get support online as well. I need more then reporting what I'm eating everyday....I can easily lie about that. I need more accountability and I'd love to hear from those successful such as yourself!!

Your post hit home! Thanks!

ReplayQueen

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 8:31 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Well hopefully we can make this the site you need. I think reporting what you eat every day is an important part of the success but also being able to complain about your challenge and look for a comforting comment or some tough love is also important.

Also you story is not uncommon. After a number of years even I put on a fair amount of weight. I started drinking and partying with my new found body only to find myself on the track back. Fortunately I caught myself and I am back on the path using the tools that made me successful in the first place.

For you, you have to remember your body already lost a ton of weight so losing it the 2nd time even with your new tool is going to be harder than the first time. You did not get a honeymoon with your 2nd marriage so to speak.

Just remember everything you learned and I would argue you left he support group at the absolute worst time when you needed it the most.

Good luck!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op