bariatric card

NanaRose142
on 10/12/11 12:29 pm - TX
You have the right idea.  Planning ahead.  I have not had the surgery but am scheduled for 31st.  Just reading on here I think planning is one of the most important things to learn.  Right?  That plus get your protein in and drink water in small sips.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 1:57 am - Burlington County, NJ
Among lots of other things, yes :-).

MacMadame
on 10/13/11 6:51 am - Northern, CA
"drink water in small sips "

The rest, yes, but this isn't that important because you only have to do it for the first month or so and some people aren't that swollen in the beginning so they never have to learn it.

So one less thing to worry about. 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

KellyJTn
on 10/12/11 10:45 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
I have a surgery card, but I've never actually used it. I rarely order off the kids menu (really who wants a grilled cheese or macaroni everytime they go to a restaurant? lol) . I just ask the waitress if I can order off the kids menu. So far I have never been denied. Sometimes they say it will be an extra dollar, but that's no big deal. I don't go on the "I've had surgery" novel to any of them, it's none of their business, and plus, the regular meals are so much better. I just get a box and eat the leftovers for the next couple of meals :)

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

MacMadame
on 10/13/11 5:23 am - Northern, CA
I have a card but have never used it. I just order what I want off the menu. Sometimes what I want is from the children's menu. (They aren't all full of unhealthy crap.) If it is, I order it. If the place wants my business, they let me. So far, no place I have gone to has said I couldn't.

The only time I am tempted to use the card is when I go to "all you can eat" buffets. But I hardly ever do that so mostly I just suck it up and pay full price.

On problem with the card is that you risk riling up someone who is against bariatric surgery or hates fat people. There are stories on OH of people trying to use the card and ending up in a fight with the manager over it. To me, it's not worth it and, as several have said, my medical history really isn't anyone's business anyway.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active