bariatric card

Sharon G.
on 10/10/11 6:11 am - Middlesex County, NJ
      I've heard people have gotten bariatric cards after having surgery from somehere, they use them when they go to restaurants which allows them to order children's portions and smaller adult portions...How can I get a hold of one?? Any help would be appreciated....I have a printer and might just make one up myself if nobody knows on here....Thanks....
revision from band in 2008
to sleeve October 7, 2011

Dave Chambers
on 10/10/11 6:18 am - Mira Loma, CA

I got one from my surgeon. BUT, they is no law that any restuarant must honor them. I tried to use this card about 5 times, and was denied 4 times. I was told it was "franchise policy", a managment policy, etc.  Just share a meal with someone, or order a small adult meal, place your protocol serving on your plate, and IMMEDIATELY place any other food in a  leftover box to take home.  This is far easier than argueing with the restuarant managment.  I was typically told I could order off the senior citizens plate, etc., but NO KIDS MENU.  I was told repeatedly those reduced cost meals were for kids eating with their parents, who ordered adult meals.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

So Blessed!
on 10/10/11 6:30 am

Sharon, some people have VERY strong feelings about this topic.   

Sharon G.
on 10/10/11 11:13 am - Middlesex County, NJ
 Thank you, it's very obvious....

So Blessed!
on 10/10/11 11:22 pm

The board's been pretty quiet lately too.  I think people missed the excitement of a drama post.    I'm going to have to read and see what I missed. 

Girl, you started a good one! 

Have a great day.

Sharon G.
on 10/10/11 11:26 pm - Middlesex County, NJ
 I didn't mean to, all I did was ask a question....Thanks honey....

poet_kelly
on 10/10/11 6:33 am - OH
Yeah, you can make one up yourself.  It's just a made up discount anyway.  Some restaurants will honor them and some won't.  Many places allow you to order off the children's menu if you want whether you have a special card or not.  Of course, there is very rarely anything WLS friendly on the children's menu.  Some restaurants offer half portions to anyone that wants them, whether you have a special card or not.  Most will not prepare and serve you a half portion if they do not normally offer that just because you have a card.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sharon G.
on 10/10/11 11:14 am - Middlesex County, NJ
 Thanks for your suppposrt, I really appreciate it....

mkbeany
on 10/10/11 6:59 am
OMG...this topic again...yikes.

My surgeon's office gives them out postop.
Laminated and everything.

I threw it straight in the garbage.

I would never dream of using one.

I order what I want and take home what I can't finish.
If I don't want left overs- I order an appetizer.

Easy.

BTW- Strictly up to the business if they decide to honor it.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
RAD
on 10/10/11 7:30 am
i usually just ask if i can order from the kids menu....(like at a steak place that has a 3oz steak) and have never been denied
Most Active