Revision From Band To DS X-Post

Dionysus
on 1/24/12 6:35 am

Hi everyone.  I haven’t been here for a while.  I am looking for friends, and would love it if you would send me a friend request.  I feel like I have lost touch with my friends, which is totally my fault.  No excuse, except for “life happens”.

I don’t know how many of my old friends are still here.  I hope they are doing well, and I hope to make new friends as well, to continue this phase of my weight loss journey.

I got a revision from “The Band” to “The Switch” late last year.  I am very happy with my surgeon, whom I wish to keep anonymous.  It is a surgeon in the US, and he has a very good reputation in the weight loss surgery community.  One of the many reasons I wish to keep him anonymous is that I do not wish to have any mistakes I may make, or things I may say, reflect poorly on him or his staff, which I adore.  I also do not wish to get into any “my surgeon rocks & your surgeon sucks (paraphrasing)” discussions, which I have seen in the past with other people.

My philosophy is that all surgeries can be the right choice for the right person.  If my friends can lose weight with the Band, the Sleeve, the Bypass, or the Switch, then I am supportive and very happy for them.  I think we should also support and help people that are able to lose weight and overcome obesity with no surgery; I wish I were one of them, but I am not.  If you agree that we should support all people that try to lose weight, regardless of method (except anorexia and bulimia), then please send me a friend request.

I had about (roughly) 150 pounds to lose, of which I have lost about 50 so far.  I hope to continue my journey with my existing and new friends here until I hit my goal, as well as afterwards.  Hope this message wasn’t too long.  Thanks for reading it, my friends.

Aasect .org
on 1/24/12 7:14 am
Congrats on your weight loss and on finding the right surgery for you. Sounds like you're on the road to success.

A lot of people, inlcuding many DS people, have migrated off of here lately.
Dionysus
on 1/24/12 7:34 am

Thank you very much.  I hope I can make goal this time.

I have been completely out of the picture for a while, and just got here today.  I got a lot of messages talking about the migration.  I have no idea what happened.  I guess there were issues with the TOS?  The TOS are the “rules”, right?  I can’t imagine what could have happened or been said to make the situation get to that point. 

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 1/24/12 7:54 am
Nah, this person is a troll *****created a different account. She got coy with the vets when we asked for info in order to help her with her questions and she just dodged and came up with excuses on why she didn't have to answer anything. Very very suspicous behavior. So I'm glad she re-created another account and "came out", becuase it means I can block this account too.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Ladytazz
on 1/24/12 9:22 am
Elizabeth N.
on 1/24/12 10:32 pm - Burlington County, NJ
No, this is a different person.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 1/25/12 1:29 am
I still have doubts, lightning doesn't strike twice and there's always the possibility one is the alter ego of the other.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Kate -True Brit
on 1/25/12 12:33 am - UK

No, she isn't. I remember her as a bandster.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Stephanie M.
on 1/25/12 1:40 am
She's been on here for over 4 years, not a troll, has been on my friends list since I joined.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Dionysus
on 1/24/12 12:57 pm

busybee212
Daryl StewartDuodenal Switch (12/15/10) Member Since: 10/22/09
[Latest Posts]
Nah, this person is a troll *****created a different account. She got coy with the vets when we asked for info in order to help her with her questions and she just dodged and came up with excuses on why she didn't have to answer anything. Very very suspicous behavior. So I'm glad she re-created another account and "came out", becuase it means I can block this account too.

You, busybee212, are the only troll on this thread.

Most Active