Day 20 of 21 - Optifast 900

SusanTdesigner
on 1/19/14 10:00 pm - Canada

Well its almost time! 

What a mind game eating can be....even tho the optifast has taken away any desire for food your mind can really play havoc with you.  It  will always be a battle lurking in our heads, we will persevere and stay strong!  Perhaps that is why forums such as this are good to realize we are not alone in our weight successes and losses.

I am ready for the surgery, all of this waiting has truly tested one's patience.

My parents have come to stay with me for a month to help take care of me once I am home, I am so thankful...I feel bad as they are afraid to eat themselves, not to make me feel left out....truthfully being around food, has not bothered me at all.   This process does have such an effect on everyone around you.  It is great to have the love and encouragement at at time like this too.   (wow, I am feeling very melancholy today)

The big deal I made of the taste of optifast in the early days of my 3 week venture was for not...that stuff isn't that bad anymore, funny how change can make you react!

That is a good reminder of how things may be in the near future with the changes I will feel in my body and weight loss...so my words of wisdom today:

Keep your overactive mind in check, let the changes happen and roll with the punches!

oh, and keep smiling too,

Susan

Gwen M.
on 1/19/14 11:58 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What is so sweet of your parents to come and stay with you during your recovery!  Seriously, relationships like that are worth their weight in gold.  

My parents have been amazingly supportive of me too in this process and I'm just so astoundingly grateful.  It makes a big difference to me.  :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active