Upcoming Fixes and Changes to ObesityHelp - Nov 2015 Edition

Shravan Panyam
on 11/3/15 3:02 pm, edited 11/3/15 3:06 pm - Irvine, CA

Dear OH Community,

We've been reading and taking to heart a lot of your concerns and suggestions. We have addressed many of these, which will be released shortly, and the others are also planned. Here are the following areas of the site that we are working on fixing, improving, trimming, or adding.

Upcoming fixes:

1. Tickers
    1. We knew about the issue right after launch, but the process of fixing it has proved more complex than we thought. The whole thing was built with really old technology that broke as soon as we upgraded our servers. We have ended up completely rebuilding them from scratch, making them easier to get to and manage. They are almost ready and should launch in a day or so. All your old tickers are still there.
  2. Email notifications showing up Empty
    1. Getting fixed and launching in a day or so
  3. Health Tracker
    1. You can do your daily weigh-in directly from the header by clicking on the "chart" icon. The full Health Tracker can be accessed by clicking "Go to Health Tracker" below the header chart.
    2. The "Body" section Health Tracker is now fixed and almost through testing. It will be releasing with some upgrades in a day or so (it will also correctly update your tickers now!).
    3. There are some areas of health tracker (e.g. My Meals) that are not working at all, and we will be releasing fixes for these in the coming weeks.
  4. "Trending Topics" back on the homepage
    1. We have almost 21 million posts in our forums, and this trending topics box was running so slowly that it ended up locking up / crashing the site. We're working on making it faster and putting it back up.
  5. Photos Issues
    1. There's a bug where deleting your "Uncategorized" photos and uploading new Uncategorized photos will cause the new ones to show up in your activity feed but not in your albums. Furthermore, clicking on them from the activity feed will lead to a broken page.
    2. Deleting a photo doesn't remove it from activity feed. We're reworking the way our activity feed is built to make sure that deleted / hidden items get removed from here as well. I will update with ETA once we get through the profile and ticker issues.
  6. Journal / Blog confusion
    1. We will release a change to make the Journal the front page of your profile if you have any blog posts already. We originally made the activity feed the main page so that non-blogging member profiles don't look empty (which they did before). With this upcoming fix, we should have the best of both worlds.
  7. Some of your posts showing up as a different person
    1. This has proved to be a really tricky issue to track down, since it seems to happen randomly. If you notice this happening again, please give us all the information you can (how you posted, browser, operating system, phone/tablet/pc, etc.)
  8. Some missing information from your profile (e.g. BMI)
    1. We are aware of this and are working to make them much more visible.
  9. About section on profile
    1. We will make it much more visible in the coming releases
  10. More customization options and themes for profiles
    1. These are definitely planned, and we would like to work on these as soon as the bigger issues are resolved
  11. Posts cutting off mid sentence
    1. We're looking into this one. Haven't found the cause yet.
  12. Weird characters in posts and comments, making it hard to read
    1. Another one that we're looking into. Once we figure out the cause, it should be a quick fix.

We are also working on a new bug reporting / feature request system that will make it easier for you to report issues and give feedback. In the meantime, if we have missed any issues, post a reply here. I will add them to this main topic. Let me know if you have any questions too.

Regards,

Shravan
ObesityHelp Team

ObesityHelp Developer

Shravan Panyam
on 11/3/15 3:56 pm, edited 11/3/15 7:56 am - Irvine, CA

Thanks for pointing out both the food log and the surgery date issues. I forgot to include them in the main post and have done so now, along with ETAs. The Member Interests area is one we will certainly look into. Were you a regular user of the Member Interests feature?

EDIT: WHOA, so THERE'S that issue with posting as someone else.... I just did it to YOU, Watson, even though I went to edit my post. Okay, so this gives me more information of why this might be happening so that I can address it.

ObesityHelp Developer

Watson
on 11/3/15 4:19 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

You're welcome. That's okay, what's "ETAs"? Okay. I go into the Member Interests feature every few times when I sign-in to OH.

I see that you did the edit, what's "WHOA"?

Good that I helped out in some way in what's happening.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Shravan Panyam
on 11/3/15 4:24 pm - Irvine, CA

ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival -- when we hope to launch it :D

And WHOA is like "WOW, OMG, WHAT ON EARTH". Look at your original reply. For some reason, when I edited my own post, I completely overwrote yours, which is why I am surprised! We will get these fixed.

And thanks for pointing out the Member Interests. We will note that one down too.

ObesityHelp Developer

Watson
on 11/3/15 4:33 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Okay, I had a hunch about the ETA, but wasn't 100% sure on that -- okay :-).

That's what WHOA means, just learned something new. I see that. Me too in being surprised at that the post. okay, cool. In due time about getting it fixed.

You're welcome. Okay, thank you.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

lking
on 11/3/15 5:54 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

I made a report six days ago that the edit feature is not working when I use my Android smartphone on Chrome. It still does not work. Are you working to fix this?

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Shravan Panyam
on 11/3/15 7:04 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi, can you tell me which edit feature you reported? The forums edit feature?

ObesityHelp Developer

lking
on 11/3/15 9:10 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

Yes, the forums edit.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Shravan Panyam
on 11/3/15 9:14 pm - Irvine, CA

Oh I see. This is the first report I am hearing about this. Can you describe your issue to me in more detail and let me know which browser you are using, as well as whcih device (iPhone, Mac, pc, etc.)? Thanks. :)

ObesityHelp Developer

lking
on 11/3/15 10:59 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

Using Chrome on my Android smartphone, I cannot edit a post I made in General Discussions. The post was the first one in the thread named,The Call.

Most Active