Coffee - yay or nay?

The Salty Hag
on 12/6/16 7:45 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Late to the party, but coffee is a huuuuge yayyyyyyy from me. 

I look forward to it evvvery morning and get grumpy when my routine is upset. 

I don't have one of these, but I need:

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Heather P.
on 12/6/16 8:22 am

Ha! Me too!

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Valerie G.
on 12/7/16 5:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I know it can interfere with absorption of calcium and it slows healing, which is why they recommend against it early out.  Other than that, it's not something "good" for us, so i wouldn't expect any nutritionist or doctor recommending caffeine

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

sandradowney
on 12/7/16 10:24 am

I was told by the doctor's office you NEED to drink something warm each morning to thin out sinus drainage so you would not get sick.  I did decaf for 6 months then went back to regular coffee.  I had gall bladder surgery in August so I went back to decaf coffee and tea.  I am getting ready to try regular coffe again to see what happens.  

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 11:12 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Might be like most things, each person's body is different. Maybe if you tend to have more acid in stomach you could have a problem with coffee? I am fine with a cup or two (MUST HAVE DAILY) but if I have any more than that the acid in my stomach will hurt so bad it keeps me up at night. I personally don't need any studies to show me it's the coffee doing it. I know my body and know when I get 'flare ups' to think if I have been having those extra cups of the goodness and the answer will always be yes. BUT I have had ulcers in the past many years before my surgery. So if you have never had a problem with them before you may be one who never will :)

Heather P.
on 12/8/16 11:33 am

Thanks, I have never had problems with them before, but I also know when I have too much coffee I will start to get nauseous so I stop.

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Most Active