People not commenting about weight loss

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/16 4:32 am

Post pictures of your transformation on here.  We can all appreciate weight loss and the hard work it takes to get there!

mute
on 12/30/16 5:15 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I'm of two mindsets on this - people at work should not be commenting on your weight loss. I'm in HR and that is awkward as hell for a lot of people and I can completely get why people wouldn't comment. Weight is a touchy subject and generally is not appropriate for the workplace at all.

My other mindset is family - when they don't comment is when I got a little upset. But honestly 60 pounds when we're heavy is a lot but it can be hard to see from the outside. When you get lower it's more noticeable.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

JaxLiving
on 12/30/16 9:41 am, edited 12/30/16 1:42 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

I had the same experience, but only at work. They only started mentioning it after I had lost about 60 pounds. Now People say stuff all the time -- except for one person. She actually knows I have lost 74 pounds, but refuses to say anything! I almost think she is jealous -- even though she's not overweight. It really bugs me, and I don't really know why!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

Jammur
on 12/30/16 10:15 am
VSG on 10/12/16

I guess it depends on how open you have been about the whole thing. I am very open about my life with people I work with, as some tell me too much, LOL. So I get comments all the time, but not all are good. For example, one guy "jokingly" said I can soon start looking for a new wife! What the hell did that mean? I said to him, why would I downgrade? Was he saying that because my wife is overweight? (we met at work and we both work in the same division, so everyone knows her). Anyway, that sort of ticked me off.

The reason I mention the surgery to anyone that asks is because they might be considering it for themselves or a loved one, and I want them to know if they have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. I was the third person at my work to have the surgery this year, as our insurance just started covering it. So we have all kept up with each other and it has been helpful to know you are not in it alone.

People are funny though. When I saw my family at Christmas no one said a word. Then finally, one cousin mentions it then everyone started talking about it. Maybe they just need to know you are ok with talking about it? Maybe you have not worn any new clothes that really show off your weight loss? I dunno. Try not to take it personally. Or go a different route, and start telling people you have tuberculosis or some such. Damn, why didn't I think of that for me!

summerset
on 12/31/16 8:29 am

I'm always grateful and glad when people don't comment. I hate it.

Most Active