Arthritis Help

PeachesIIL95
on 4/3/11 3:02 am
I had surgery in 2006, and my surgeon has moved away, but I have massive arthritis in my back, hips, knees and foot with deterioration of the bone in the foot.  I know we can't take Ibuprofen, but was wondering what we can.  I am now taking tramadol and hydrocodiene.

Dee

LisaGay44
on 4/7/11 6:28 am
I was just placed on Celebrex for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Amazing difference, will see next week if I can continue on it. For the first time in a long time I am pain free.
The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman.(Author unknown)

Reel
on 6/1/12 5:22 pm
I didn't realize that RNY patients could take Celebrex. Isn't that considered an NSAID?

kennethmiller12
on 7/27/11 1:57 pm
Thanks for your discussion I want to suggest you to have some exercise and have calcium and protein rich diet which give strenght to your bone and cosult to therepist.
GrandmaJoanie
on 7/28/11 9:06 pm - NJ
I had WLS to get smaller for hip and knee replacement.  I need two hips and one knee.  Since I am only five weeks out from surgery, I am taking extra strength Tylenol and in a lot of pain.  Went to the Ortho surgeon yesterday and he wrote tramadol but the Bariatric surgeon wanted me to wait til 6 weeks to start it.  I still have some surgery drugs but trying not to take them as they are narcotic.  I hate it that I am allergic to percodan.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 111 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2348 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3551 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4818 views