Need help finding doctor

IzzyB
on 4/11/11 11:25 pm - Dunn, NC
I am new to this website but I am in desperate need of a fat friendly doctor.  Everyone I see blames every ache and pain I have on weight.  I am overweight, I will be the first to say it.  But I feel like I can hardly make it thru the day and I hurt so bad all over.  I can't go to the grocery store or even just run in to pick up anything quickly in a department store.  I have two beautiful children I want to play with and go to the zoo with but my back pain and other pain just does not allow it and I know something else has to be going on.  Any suggestions for a doctor would be so helpful.  I am at my whits end.

Elizabeth West
Dunn, NC
MsBatt
on 4/21/11 2:27 pm
I'm not sure exactly what kind of doctor you're looking for. Frankly, given that you have a BMI of 69.9, *I* think the kind of doctor you should be looking for is a weight-loss surgeon, preferably one that does the Duodenal Switch.

I was dx'd with severe arthritis at the age of 20, when i weighed about 200 pounds. 25 years later, I weighed 395 and you can imagine how much worsethings were with my arthritis. I chose to have a DS seven years ago, and while it hasn't CURED my arthritis---the damage of years of being SSMO will NEVER be 'cured'---losing a massive amount of weight has certainly made my life less painful. I DO still take Aleve 2-3 times EVERY day, but at least now I'm mobile and fairly functional.

Any surgeon on this list can help you: www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeons.html
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 111 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2348 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3551 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4818 views