Arthritis pain is depressing

Joyce S.
on 2/9/04 1:41 am - Jeffersonville, IN
Hi, This past Saturday, I painted a small bathroom. Then on Sunday, I tried to clean some cabinets in the kitchen and experienced a burning, severe pain in one of my finger joints and elbow. I just had to stop the cleaning. I know its because I can't take my arthritis medicine anymore. I had hoped to start my spring cleaning, but at this rate, who knows how long it will take? I'm 44 and I wonder if this is only the beginning. I am at work today and it hurts to type or use my mouse. This does NOT feel good. Joyce
Krista B.
on 2/10/04 5:11 am - Greenfield, IN
Sorry you're hurting Joyce, arthritis pain definitely does NOT feel good! I hope you are feeling a little better today! Pardon me for being nosy, but why can't you take your arthritis medicine anymore? Is there something else you CAN take? Hang in there, hope things start looking up for you soon! Krista (zapping that pain away for ya..lol)
Joyce S.
on 2/11/04 4:31 am - Jeffersonville, IN
Thanks for the zap, Krista. My surgeon says we can never take anti-inflammatory drugs anymore because they can cause an ulcer. I am better - thanks. Good news though, I found out that I can take a Kenalog (some type of anti-inflammatory) injection once a month if needed. Tylenol is only thing we can take for pain, etc. Joyce
elaine B.
on 7/13/04 6:57 am - nashville, TN
hi joyce, i too am suffering from arthritis - osteo arthritis in my legs and knees, and NO is does NOT feel good , I am a diabetic and cannot take presidnisone - (elevates blood sugar)celebrex, did not hlep, vioxx didn't either I was given loritab for pain, but it didn't help that much and made me sleepy and groggy all the time(thank GOD i don't have to go to work), all i take now is tylenol 4x a day and it help to a certain extent, but the only thing that I am praying for is wls to alleviate weight and pressure on the joints and hopefully i will find some relief, and be able to resume some type of a life .
Kimberly P.
on 2/1/05 10:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi, I am having surgery on 2/10. I am praying that it will allievate most of my pain in my knees and legs. Thank you for info on the anti-inflammatory drug I can ask about. I am sure I will still have pain after surgery. I pray it is less. The pain is definitely depressing. It would be a miracle for me to paint a small bathroom. I am looking forward to the opportunity. I would try creams that have celadrin in it. You can use them as much as you need it. I can't help being as salesperson. Avon has it available. Let me know if you are interested. [email protected] Kimberly
Brenda B.
on 5/11/06 10:52 pm - Groton, NY
Since my surgery I take Vicodin and SOMA and still the pain haunts me all day every day. I used to go to the dr and complain of the pain and he would say well if you would just loose some weight! Well I've lost 145# and it hasn't helped yet. Hope you find relief Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 113 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2354 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3556 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4822 views