Pee, Poo & Pew: A Dionysus Original

Lisey
on 5/5/11 4:11 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI

Pee color is usually from B vite's.

Poo - yes, it is different.  Some people describe it as more of a chemical smell, some people (on bad days meaning they've eaten a lot of carbs) describe it as a kitty litter smell.  In general, even when its at its "optimal" smell/ not that bad, it still is on the farther end of smelly poo compared to the normal population, imo. 

Poo & farts are largely controlled by what you eat.  More four-based carbs tends to equate to worse gas & poo smell, along with increased frequency.  Sugar from fruit doesn't affect me at all.  I can have a 1/2 - 1 candy bar & I also don't really notice a difference, but if I go overboard & eat a 1/3 bag of chocolate, then I notice an increase, yet still not as bad as flour-based carbs.  This is particularly true of higher gluten content carbs, such as is found with cakes, doughnuts, cookies, etc.

I tend to eat low-carb particularly during the first 70% of my day so that if I have to fart because I've had some carbs (except fruit), then it's not at work or while working out after work.  If I know I'm going out that evening, say a Sat, then I will be "good" that day.  It really boils down to a choice on a particular day & whether you care to control it through diet.  Some people don't, most do.

Poo & farts do linger longer than non-DS people. 

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Dionysus
on 5/7/11 2:05 am

"... some people (on bad days meaning they've eaten a lot of carbs) describe it as a kitty litter smell."

That's another good reason for getting the DS:  I can blame it on the cat!

http://webconce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/Gambar/Cats/Cat-Smell-vs-Dog-Smell.jpg

http://blissfullydomestic.com/wp-content/uploads/funny-pictures-one-cat-here-cannot-smell.jpg

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 4:27 am, edited 5/5/11 4:31 am
Early out you are going to notice a stronger poo smell, also early out, never trust a fart!!!

Now my **** doesn't stink (wish I could stop there, lol) any worse than anyone else's, unless, like Julie, I overinduldge in simple carbs.

I haven't had uncontrollable gas. Ever. My gas doesn't smell any worse than anyone else's.

There is a linger factor to the gas, I think it stays in the air longer than a 'normie' but, like I said, I don't have any uncontrollable gas.

Michele

ETA: Everyone seems to be a little different on this so YMMV!

Dionysus
on 5/7/11 3:16 am, edited 5/7/11 3:22 am

I get confused between simple and complex carbs.  I am also confused as to what is overindulging, and what is not over-indulging post DS.  I imagine that it is different than a non-WLS person.  Could you and/or another post-op DS'er shed some light on this for me, please?  I would really appreciate it.

Edit:  I forgot to say "please".

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 12:27 am
Simple carbs are things like sugar, Twinkies, cake, things like that. Complex carbs are things like veggies, whole grains usually have a mixture of the 2. 

Overindulging is going to be different for each person, for instance, I can eat a piece of cake without too many problems, but if I ate crackers, a cookie, and a large piece of cake, over the space of a day, I will have some bad gas. Some people can eat more crap with less repercussions than others.

Read up on the differences between complex and simple carbs.  You will absorb simple carbs at 100% but you will only absorb complex carbs at around 60% so it will make a difference in your daily total.

Michele
Dionysus
on 5/8/11 4:01 am

Thank you very much!  I had no idea veggies were a carb at all!  I thought carbs were just bread and sugar type things.

You're right; I do need to read up on the difference between complex and simple carbs.  I appreciate your help.

Kathleen F.
on 5/5/11 5:44 am
Dionysus
on 5/7/11 3:44 am

Thank you for sharing your experience.  You are an honest person.  I would have contemplated helping him get the ladder set up, and when he was up there, shouted, "Have you found the rat yet?  Keep looking, it's got to be there somewhere!"

kirmy
on 5/5/11 7:38 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Darling **** stinks....DS **** stinks on a new level of stench that makes me get annoyed at my own arse.  It's simple really...eat like a silly **** and stink so bad that people run screaming from the public toilet like refugees from Nagasaki.  Eat non-crap foods like ohhhhh protein and minimal complex carbs and very very little refined carbs and you'll be fine or do what i did today and have KFC, a beer, half a box of Belgium chocolate and you're arsehole will be in code red and the porcelain will have scorch marks.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Dionysus
on 5/8/11 4:16 am

I like the literary style in your posts.

"have KFC, a beer, half a box of Belgium chocolate and you're arsehole will be in code red"

OK.  so the refined Belgium chocolates are refined sugar, so are bad not only because of the scorched seat, but also because we (wow, I just naturally typed in "we" even though I am not a DS'er yet; I guess my mind is already there, if I could only get insurance to follow) will absorb 100% of the calories.  The KFC would have been bad because of the breading, but if we order KFC baked, then that is preferred food, right?  So it was only "bad" because of the breading.  For the beer, I have some vague recollection that the alcohol in alcohol is the culprit.  Does that make sense?  Do we absorb 100% of alcoholic drinks?

Am I starting to get it?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views