Revisions - Weightloss (Lapband to DS)

Jody W.
on 7/25/11 6:04 am - Windsor, CT
Hello Everyone....
I have seen alot about this from the RNY to DS revision peeps.... From what I read RNY to DS revisions can be slower losers.....

Does anyone know about Lapband to DS revisions?  Just curious if the rate of loss would be slower in this case as well?  If the answer is yes then I am fine with this... just wondering what the thoughts are out there on this???
Thanks for your help as usual 

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Frankie
on 7/25/11 6:43 am - NY
Hi Jody,

Have you heard anything yet?  I re-read my policy so I have to have a BMI of >40 for approval with no co-morb.  My bmi was 38.2 but I am sure I have gained.  I will speak with Dr. Roslin to see what steps I take next to get my approval.  The new surgical coordinator is the worst.  You can't reach her for crap.  I emailed her and I have yet to get a response.

To answer your question, since you will be a virgin DS'er your weight loss should be faster than a RNY to DS'er.

Good luck.
Frankie

Jody W.
on 7/25/11 7:18 am - Windsor, CT
Frankie...
I kept calling the insurance company until they assigned someone to me... The medical management department needed additional information... I made a call to the Dr Office and left a message for Mary... she called me right back... it turns out that all my paperwork got faxed to the wrong fax number...So they faxed it to the right number...
I probably will not hear anything until the end of the week...
I probably will not get that 08/08 surgery date they had me slated for... we shall see....

HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Sexyvt123
on 7/26/11 12:17 pm
Jody

I hope you hear something real soon.  This waiting for approval thing is the worst but at the end it will be all worth it.  My peer to peer with my insurance and Dr Roslin is tmmrw and im praying for an Approval. 

Vonett

DaveV64
on 7/25/11 8:10 am
I did  a vbg to DS two plus years ago and I had a very good rate of loss. 250 LBS in two years. Hope this helps

Jody W.
on 7/25/11 8:29 am - Windsor, CT
WOW Dave!!
That is AWESOME!!! Congrats to you....
Thanks for the info!!

HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

yorkieGal
on 7/25/11 9:48 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Jody, I am a Lapband revision, and I lost weight without too much difficulty . As you've only had a restrictive procedure with band you should be as though you are a virgin Ds'er honey! and boy was I pleased to be done with mjy strangle band I can tell ya

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Jody W.
on 7/25/11 1:41 pm - Windsor, CT
Thank you for that information... it HELPS! Trust me!

HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

bufedwards
on 7/25/11 11:29 am - Hustonville, KY
 I am a band to DS revision.  I am a couple weeks shy of six months out and haven't had any real issues with losing.  I average 4-5 lbs per week, pretty consistently.  Good luck!

Highest Weight:  564 /  Post Band Pre DS Weight:  508 / Surgey Date Weight:  449
Current Weight:  209 / Goal Weight:  150 (BMI of 25).

Poodles
on 7/25/11 12:37 pm - TX
You are going to be in DS heaven girl!  I swear this is the easiest thing I have ever done.   Heck, I can take some vitamins four times a day and eat bacon in between!  Love Love Love Love my DS.

The band life was horrible, had that choke chain for three years, now I can eat and LIVE! 

Regarding weight loss, mine was slower than others because I am a stupid carb addicted head hunger person that had to let time heal the wounds and learn to listen to my body... but after that I have dropped really fast.  Especially in the last six months and I am almost two years out! 

This is the best thing in the world!  You will be happy you came over to the dark side!
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 654 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 994 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views