How much exercise?

JustCK
on 9/29/13 12:27 pm

I have surgery on Tuesday and I know they encourage walking but I wanted to know what other activities we can do?

How soon can I do Zumba?

How long before water aerobics?

MacMadame
on 9/29/13 3:37 pm - Northern, CA

You can't submerge your incisions until they heal. So when they say you can take a bath (about a month?) then you can do things like swimming. 

You should also have lifting restrictions for about 6 weeks to avoid incissional hernias.

Because of those two things, I'd avoid stuff like Zumba and Aqua aerobics for a while. Maybe 6-8 weeks.

I know I found that I was kind of sore in the middle area and I could run at 1 month but things like Zumba and Jazzercise kind of bothered me until about 2 months out when my middle was more healed. Same with pilates.

I was back in the gym at two weeks doing easy stuff. Riding a stationary bike, walking, etc. though.

Mainly you need to play it by ear and listen to your body. Some poeple heal faster than others and have more energy than others and that's going to make a difference.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Keith L.
on 10/1/13 2:15 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

You will only be able to walk for the first 3 weeks, then probably light cardio for the next 3 weeks and you should be cleared for full exercise by 6 to 8 weeks. I would wait a full 8 weeks before working your abdominals.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

SandraBarton
on 10/3/13 2:23 pm - Fresno, CA

Hi I'm Sandra. I'm 30 years old and I am above 300lbs. However...I have lost 45 already...and looking to lose A LOT more.

I currently live in Fresno California (about 3 hours from LA) and I am looking for buddies to work out with. I have a friend who lives in South Carolina and every day we would text message each other our work outs. Well unfortunately she had a tragic loss in her family and she no longer has the momentum. Although I am doing everything I can for her and she KNOWS I will be here for her when she's ready, I want to continue my workouts.

Because of the awesomeness that we have started...I realized via cell phone (APP, so no phone numbers are exchanged) I am able to work out with whoever wants to exercise. So that is why I'm here. I already have a group started...but its REEEEEEEEALLY SLOW. My goal is to have 2 or 3 workouts posted each day.

All of this will make more sense if you check out the link below. It is a local womens only group, but I am able to extend the WORKOUT version (vs personal in town meetups) to those far and wide. Its free, easy, and innovative so if you want to just at least check it out let me know ok! =)

PS: I'm looking for people who will actually POST workouts...vs join and never do anything :P
Its a motivational mobile group. Check it out....btw this is not spam.. !

http://www.meetup.com/Thegoodgirlsclub/events/139585552/

Most Active