Lyrica and Ravenous Appetite

SandieW
on 9/19/10 1:47 am - Glenside, PA
My doctor started me on Lyrica about 2 months ago after I'd been in bed for nearly 7 weeks of being too weak to even get out of bed.  It definitely worked and I'm now back to work and functioning nearly normally, but it has made my appetite go completely out of control and I've already regained 12-15 lb.  I'm trying hard to stick to the right foods, but I don't seem to have the restriction I should at < 2 years out and I'm very unhappy with my situation right now.  Gain weight or be bed-ridden is one heck of a choice to have to make. 
Kelli S.
on 9/25/10 4:44 am - Kalamazoo, MI

My dad was put on lyrica for diabetic neropothy (spelling?) and it made him really hunger too. Also it made him CRAZIER then a bed bug! I hope you dont have that side affect. It was too the point that he would try to answer the phone with the TV remote.

But just wanted to say that I believe that hunger is a common side affect.

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

SandieW
on 9/25/10 7:24 am, edited 9/25/10 7:24 am - Glenside, PA
Thanks. I didn't think I was the only one. Spoke to my doctor and he's going to try adjusting the dose and see if that helps. I'm already crazy as a loon, so that's not a problem. I sit in traffic and wait for STOP signs to turn green.
Most Active