The Sunday Weekly Weigh-In

Dx E
on 2/3/07 1:50 pm - Northern, MS
The Sunday Weekly Weigh-In __________February 3rd! Congratulations and Welcome to our New Guys. For those of you headed in next week--Have the Greatest! For those of you just home--"Livin' on SF Popsicles"- Hang in there, It Does Get Easier Each Week! I know that using the scales can make some crazy, (Slower loss is Still Loss!) -But- Keeping track and forcing myself to "Watch It!" Has been the "What works for me," for maintaining my loss. I'll eat, but know that I need to exercise a little bit more If the numbers climb just a little. That way, I only make "Little" adjustments to my weekly routine. If the "Scales Make You Discouraged?" Then STAY OFF of Them! But for those who Are weighing in- Drum roll--------------------------------------------------------- Hop your Azz up on the Scales! How much have you lost? Since Surgery? Or in Pre-Op Diet? And has the Scale moved this week for you? If so, How Much? My Starting Weight? - 385 + All Time Low - 179 Today? - 184 -Same Ole, Same Ole.... (actually my 'Saturday Morning Weight...) So, What about YOU? (NEW GUYS AND LURKERS? Scan back over the last months of this weekly post, And you'll get a fairly clear picture of the fact that there isn't a "Typical" progress, Just massive, persistent, overwhelming - PROGRESS!) (Plateaus DO BREAK!) (Congratulations in Advance!!) Keep It Up!!! Best Wishes- Dx
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/3/07 2:04 pm - Japan
Hello Dx, Received the "F is for Fatigue" supplements. So far, it seems like I have more energy during workouts. NADH seems to make the most difference, but the heavy dose of coQ10 seems to keep me from getting sore, even with the 2+ hours a day of exercise. All time high (at age 27): 305 High when considering surgery: 282 Day of RNY: 262 Doctor's goal: 190 Weight for previous seven weeks or so: 176-178 Weight this week with 8 straight days of cardio + usual 1 hour daily weight training: 174 Lighter does feel better, probably up to a point. Discoveries from losing weight below dr's goal: 1. Loose skin seems to concentrate itself to a smaller area, more easily covered 2. Easier to exercise, very light. Just two lbs makes a huge difference when running 3. Increased flexibility. Less fat = less of a muscle brake. 4. Leg shape become more distinct. This could be from running 6 days straight in addition to squats and deadlifts. Have a Great Week! Dave
Dx E
on 2/3/07 2:21 pm - Northern, MS
Evening Dave! I can imagine the 2 lbs does make a huge difference with the running. I've yet to get back into the habit of running since I stopped Back in the summer for my PS. I've tried just forcing myself to start back, But so far, I've just had a series of failed attempts. Maybe this spring. (at least that's the plan.) I know if I get back to regular exercising This 5 lbs will drop back off, but I've just been hanging on to the same "extra 5" For the last year. I have a full lab-work-up with my Bariatric doc this next week, (my longest lapse between so far- last check was 6 months ago) And Once I get a full nutrition check Maybe that'll give me the incentive to get back To my exercise schedule at the 3 year post-op routine. Year 4 is fast approaching, and I'd like to be back on track before then. So far I've got the eating routine and the nutrition routine licked, If I can get back to the exercise, I'll be on top of the world!! Hope all is going great for you! Best Wishes- Dx
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/3/07 4:40 pm - Japan
Thanks, Dx! I'm only able to keep going because work is ten minutes away from home any pretty much 9-5 (or less). Many more schedule irregularities, less than 7 hours sleep, or much more additional work would probably kill my workout routine. I'm such a weeny. You did incredibly well continuing up to PS. It's amazing with your schedule that you ever find time to work out. All is well on this end, thanks! Hope all is well there, Dave
carrtje
on 2/3/07 2:15 pm - Chico, CA
Had a good week. 1st apointment pre-op 300 day of surgery 282 Today 240 Woot! 60 lbs down. Today I jogged 1/2 a mile. YAY ME! My Feb. goal is to jog 1 mile. I'm on track.
Dx E
on 2/3/07 2:25 pm - Northern, MS
Jake, You're in the running for "WLS Poster-Boy!!" Shrinking, Running, Getting younger by the minute... You may have to wear ankle weights, just to keep from accidentally flying!! Keep it Up! Best Wishes- Dx
HePaid4That
on 2/3/07 7:20 pm
Rough week. Was retaining water all week due to injury in foot, then three straight days of all-day meetings with a corporation called Bread & Company. Pastries, Muffins, Cookies, chips, all day for three straight days and I had to clean up the leftovers. Only lost 1.5lbs this week which is not good for 14 weeks out from surgery. Need to pick it up this week. Starting Pre-op: 352.2 RNY 11/13/2006: 345.2 Last Week: 275.8 This week: 274.2 (minus 1.6) Total Loss: 78.0 lbs Looking forward to a more focused week. I did get 6 straight days of swimming in so that's a big win.
wahoo59
on 2/3/07 8:53 pm - Cranbury, NJ
Goodmorning all. Still slow on the losing but I am losing again. Highest weight a year ago= 383 Weight at consult = 366 Day of surgery = 362 . Today = 260 Down from last week = 3.5 Total from Surgery = 102 Total loss since =123 Starting to feel better that I started losing and hit the 100lbs mark. Dr. goal is 230 for me. 30lbs to go.Have a great day all. Tommy
Rick A.
on 2/3/07 8:47 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hello all, I have been MIA for the last 2 weigh-in's due to out of town travel. I am about 1 1/2 pounds from my goal weight. I'll have to deceide if I want to adjust it downward soon. We'll see. Here's my numbers: Weight at 1st consult (January 13, 2006) 339 Weight at surgery (March 20, 2006) 300 Weight last week 189 Weight this week 188 Total lost 151 Life is good, Rick
Paul Gubrud
on 2/3/07 8:55 pm - Pelican Rapids, MN
Gentlemen, It is darn cold in Minnesota this morning. The thermometer is down to -22 degrees. I certainly won't be doing anything outside today. It is a good day to make some old fashioned homemade chicken soup like Grandma used to make. Day of surgery: 321 Last week's weight: 214 This week's weight: 213 Lost this week: 1 Total Lost: 108 May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 27 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 55 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 75 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 104 views