Recent Posts

82much
on 2/26/17 8:34 am
VSG on 11/28/16
Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

232 on home scale,  Although the scale at my Nutritionist appointment Friday said 236.

HW 290 July 2016

Weather is slightly improving, I hope to start walking for exercise!  That is the hardest component for me.  I just hate it. :-)

Don 1962
on 2/26/17 8:12 am
Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

Last week - 180.2
This week - 181.4

Those little gremlins have gotten ahold of my vest and duty rig as well!  Long as I don't start letting out on the duty rig I'm okay with number on scale even though I want it to go lower.  In a NSV of sorts I recently got four new uniform shirts - still in a medium after six years of working there. 

Know cause of uptick on scales.  Two birthdays this week meant cake  or mini SF pecan pies.  I'm now officially eligible for the senior discount at  IHOP.

Y'all go do your thing!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

trkr75
on 2/26/17 5:59 am
VSG on 11/08/17
Topic: RE: I am almost there... I think

So was doing a little cyber stalking..lol As I sit here in front of my computer at work waiting for the day to end or start depending on who you are. I work 11pm - 8am at a data center in Nashville, TN. I came across a post of yours in which you say you went to Michigan Tech I believe it was. It is a small world I went to Lake Superior State, since you were a yooper for a while anyways... you will understand my next questio... Are pasties out of the question? I have a friend who lives down in TN as well but she is from Escanaba and makes killer pasties.... Anyways thanks for the reply.

Ken

CarlRay
on 2/26/17 5:33 am
RNY on 02/28/17
Topic: RE: RNY coming up

Thanks for the message Keith, to keep in touch I'd like that a lot.  It's been quite a ride so far and we are just getting started.  Good luck tomorrow! 

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 5:30 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14
Topic: Sunday Weigh In

337.6: High weight Dec '13

311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

203.2: Last Weigh in

202.2: CW

Food: C

Water: A

Vitamins: B+

Exercise: D+

No check in last week as I was busy flying home from Florida. These last two weeks were wildly different. The week I was on vacation, I had quite a bit of exercise from walking around SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens, along with quite a bit of swimming at Discovery Cove. That was tempered by a crazy bad diet. Last week, the workouts were weak, but my diet was much much better. This week I'm not traveling again, so I'm going to step up the workouts. I need to keep my diet in check again. Next week I start my heavy travel season through June, so I have a lot of work to do. Also, I am most definitely seeing a "Trump Bump" in optimism of our customers which means more business and more travel this year than I was originally planning.

It's fantastic seeing all the new names that are posting on the Men's group. Thanks for stopping by. Speaking only for myself, I like this weekly check in as a way to hold myself accountable. Hopefully we can add to the folks updating here.

Have a great week everyone.  

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 5:17 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Just wanted to drop in and wish you well tomorrow. You've received some good advice here, so there's not much to add. I hope all goes well for you.

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 5:16 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14
Topic: RE: I am almost there... I think

Welcome back, and thanks for checking in again. 

IMHO, the most critical prep for WLS is making sure your head is in the game. You'll be making a permanent change to your body, and you want to be sure you don't have buyers remorse. Also, the surgery is just a tool. If your head isn't in the game, you can (and some do) ignore that tool and not get the benefits that come with the surgery. 

As far as exercise goes, I started walking 5K's in the Mall of America (there is a path designated) because it was winter in Minnesota. After surgery, I started doing more cardio on an elliptical. I then hired a personal trainer to show me how to properly lift weights. These days, I do a lot of bike riding in the summer, and spin classes in the winter, along with weight lifting. My goal is to build and keep muscle and bone density with weight training, and maintain fitness with the cardio. 

The hoops in the process are there for a reason, but you'll get through them.

trkr75
on 2/25/17 9:21 pm
VSG on 11/08/17
Topic: I am almost there... I think

So I posted a little while ago introducing my self, thanks to those *****plied. I have been quiet since then just going through the motions of getting all the check boxes checked. My Dr. did a scope on my stomach to see what he had to work with and found a small tumor (golf ball size) so he wanted to get rid of that and did.. Fun fun fun, not a big deal no cancer or anything to worry about. Since then I have met with the dreaded "headshrinker" (not that I don't like them but I am a semi private person who will talk with his family if I have a problem type of guy) saw her twice then another time to take a PHI test. I get the fact that the Ins company wants to make sure you are going to take this serious and not be a waste of money for them... but you would think after the first meeting with the "headshrinker" if they are any good they would be able to tell that instead of follow up after follow up then some stupid test to see if you are depressed, again they should be able to tell after the first meeting. grumble grumble enough venting. I have met with my regular Dr. twice for my 3 month supervised diet and meet with him one more time on the 14th. Then I think I am all done with the pre-requisitions I meet with my doctor on Monday and see where we go from here, hopefully schedule my sleeve end of March. Not really excited or worried just ready to get it done and get back to a healthier me. What are your experiences with getting back to the gym or starting to work out again after surgery? I have a spartan sprint in Sept to get ready for and would like to start training for that as soon as I can but don't want to mess anything that the Dr. does. Guess I will ask him on Monday. Anyways will update with more info later on. See ya 

Ken

KiethC
on 2/25/17 7:29 pm - Killeen, TX
RNY on 02/27/17

Hello Carl, 

I am also having RNY on Monday the 27th. I was dreading the whole liquid diet only for 2 weeks. But surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought. I didn't do the Opti though. I did the GNC Lean pre made protein shakes. They were quick and convenient. The 1st week I felt sluggish and hungry, but I soon felt satisfied and it doesn't phase me now. Oddly enough, I didn't have the bad breath you were talking about, but my feet out of nowhere within the last week started smelling foul. I guess that is my bodies way of detoxing itself. Hopefully we can stay in touch on here and give motivation when needed.

CarlRay
on 2/24/17 2:17 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks so much for this advice!   I'll be using it!  

Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 27 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 55 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 75 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 104 views