Recent Posts

dav92grav
on 2/11/21 1:03 am
Topic: RE: For your education and support

Thank you for bringing up such important topics. I like that we can talk openly about our problems and find support.

Cathy W.
on 11/23/20 6:41 am
Topic: For your education and support

ObesityHelp has tons of articles that have been written by mental health professionals. You can check them out Body-Mind!

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

janetkh
on 11/2/20 10:25 am
Topic: RE: Wellbutrin

It's not that you can't take an extended release medication - it's that you may not absorb it completely because it's meant to be absorbed in the portion of your small intestine that has been bypassed. Thus, you probably won't get the full effect. Most doctors aren't well informed on gastric bypass. I'm 19+ years out, and I've had varying reactions when I've told my doctors that certain medications aren't as therapeutic for me as they are for someone with an intact digestive system. I hope you and your doctor can find a medication that helps.

merlin300
on 8/9/20 5:17 pm
Topic: Wellbutrin

Hello friends and thank you for accepting me into this wonderful group.

I have one question. My doctor put me on Wellbutrin for Menopause symptoms. He prescribed Wellbutrin hcl which is known as XR (extended release).

I was told bariatric patients cannot take any medication that is extended release because of our surgeries.

Would like to know your opinion.

Thank you.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/19 8:00 am, edited 11/3/19 10:49 pm
Topic: RE: Can herbal supplements help with mood and motivation?

I think so... I take different supplements, and they help me, I have to say. I think you should try them too. I recommend that you have a look at Canadian Pharmacy for them. I often get different pills for me from there, and it works really well

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/7/19 10:19 am
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: BP II and bypass vs. sleeve

Statistically speaking, it's possible to lose the same amount of weight with sleeve and bypass. Both surgeries are tools and it's up to you to work hard to lose all of the weight.

If you have any history of heartburn, you should definitely avoid the VSG. There are a lot of people who, like me, have needed to revise to RNY due to GERD. Might as well get the right surgery the first time around.

If you have a proximal RNY, which is the standard procedure, my doc said there should be no trouble absorbing psych meds. I haven't had any trouble with mine so far, which is really good news.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Jennifer5598
on 10/7/19 10:09 am
Topic: RE: BP II and bypass vs. sleeve

Hey there I am having surgery soon and am having the same concerns about my bipolar meds. I wonder if I can lose enough weight with the sleeve (100#) then there's the heartburn issue. I don't have any support and I would love your thoughts. Thank you

jungisstephens
on 8/28/19 2:15 am, edited 11/24/19 11:20 am
Topic: Best Healthcare Center

After doing the whole day work, I don't get any time to go to a healthcare center. So I decide to book an appointment online. The doctor tells me to do an HIV and others some test. I have medical insurance, so I visit there where medical insurance accepted.

Which is good to me but I don't have any idea with such of the center. Any help would be much appreciated.

Karen Renee
on 4/16/19 12:36 am - Winter Park, FL
Topic: RE: What Psychiatric Meds for you?

I'm having a lot of panic attacks lately and the Dr. doesn't seem to want to address them. I asked him about Klonopin and he said no. What do you take for your anxiety. I am also on Wellbutrin. I have Trazodone but have never used it. Does it really work for sleep?

danmarc
on 10/29/18 4:18 am, edited 10/29/18 4:30 am
Topic: What triggers your anxiety

And, how do you deal with it?

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views