Recent Posts

danmarc
on 10/29/18 1:58 am
Topic: RE: What triggers your anxiety

Most of us feel anxious at one or several points of our lives. But when it comes to regular anxiety attack, we could attribute it to certain anxiety disorder and needed to be addressed seriously. In my case, my anxiety triggers when I feel invalidated by people who are important to me. How about you?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/22/18 9:25 am
RNY on 12/31/13
Topic: RE: First major depressive episode post surgery

I am sorry to learn that you suffered a bout of major depression -- I know that is a scary place to be, and often takes a while to get meds balanced to bring one back to equilibrium. While a hospital admission isn't something anyone desires, I am glad you got the help you needed, and I sincerely hope that you are feeling better emotionally.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Amy R.
on 7/21/18 10:18 am
Topic: RE: First major depressive episode post surgery

I'm so sorry that happened to you. We may disagree about eating patterns and diets and such around here, but no one would ever wish that on anybody.

It takes a strong person to battle back from these things. Good for you for thinking to come over and post this in the hopes of helping someone. It sounds like you're doing better and I really hope that you are.

HonestOmnivore
on 7/12/18 8:33 am
RNY on 03/29/17
Topic: First major depressive episode post surgery

I had my first major depressive episode about nine months post surgery, but didn't catch how bad it was until almost a year post surgery. I think that the excitement of the surgery, the fun with the weight loss, the bump in endorphins from all the exercise kind of masked my typical symptoms and let things get pretty bad before I realized what was happening.

I was challenged by a lack of mental health professionals in my medical market and couldn't get in to get meds prescribed even after I realized I was in trouble. I had continued to see my therapist throughout this entire time but even he missed some of the signs. When I finally got into a clinician, I ended up getting admitted (yikes!) so my medication could be balanced out - that was an unexpected week off of work :(

I am putting this public post up because I want to remind everyone that has WLS to make sure you are tuned into your mental state post surgery even when everything is going GREAT! It can creep up on you and then it's tough to get back on track mentally (weight loss is going fine).

Take care of yourself!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Megdot582
on 3/21/18 10:44 pm
RNY on 04/30/18
Cloudburst
on 2/24/18 3:50 pm
Topic: RE: Heard of this drug?

I tried latuda. It didn't work very well for me. It didn't improve my mood. The side effects were pretty bad. I had blurred vision and horrible nausea.

i_have_a_kveschun
on 4/25/17 9:21 am
Topic: RE: Anyone know about a good psychologist or psychiatrist in Ontario?

I just mean that at least the basics of nutrition , not dietitians, even if not, at least a approachable person....

Gwen M.
on 4/25/17 5:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14
Topic: RE: Anyone know about a good psychologist or psychiatrist in Ontario?

Psychiatrists and psychologists don't tend to also be dietitians. Do you have access to any sort of eating disorder clinic? That might be a good place to start investigating.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

i_have_a_kveschun
on 4/23/17 8:50 pm
Topic: Anyone know about a good psychologist or psychiatrist in Ontario?

I need help, I want to find a psychiatrist or psychologist who knows their stuff, in nutrition and everything else. Someone who is approachable and maybe someone who helped you guys. I need someone who I can be referred to by my Dr. In the area or Aurora, Richmond Hill and Newmarket. Thanks!

J. Mahakrittiyadhorn
on 4/2/17 3:32 pm
Topic: RE: Can herbal supplements help with mood and motivation?

I have the same problem and have found that medication as well as counseling help. I have found the most improvement with a Vitamin D supplement and a "happy light" both are natural sources of mood elevators. I would discuss it with a Dr as adding these with an misdiagnosed bipolar disorder can cause more problems. I would also evaluate your sleep. Sleep plays a huge part in mood regulation.

Good luck to you

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 719 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 703 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 926 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1633 views