CAN SOMEONE ADVICE ON A GOOD DR FOR GASTRIC SLEEVE IN MX

hope81026
on 9/23/12 1:41 pm - Canada
I am going with Dr. F Sauceda. I have not had surgery yet but I am booked. His disscussion board here on OH is singing his praises. His quote was very reasonable. After everything I have read I feel good about my desision. Dr Sauceda is also way from Tijana and that gives me some relief as well. He is in Monterrey. One of my friends went with a Dr. Q who neglected to pick her up a the apponted San Deigo airport in the States. She walked across the border with her suitcases. HORRORS!!! I can't imagine. I was in Cancun last year and Mexico can be a wild place I can't imagine a woman alone crossing the Mexican border with my suitcases. I would have been livid!
cranegirl
on 1/13/13 3:43 am - Vancouver, WA

Actually, that is exactly what I did two years ago... I went to Tijuana to have revisions for plastic surgery mistakes my American surgeon refused to address. I had never been to Mexico before, but had talked to many other women on the MakeMeHeal forum who did the same thing. So I stayed in San Diego for a night, and the next day boarded the San Diego light rail transit to the last stop by TJ. It took me a minute to figure out where the border crossing was, but as soon as I did, I grabbed my gigantic wheeled suitcase and walked myself across the border. Once I was there I used the bathroom (where you have to tip) and then walked a little farther to where the taxis were. I gave them the written address of my doctor, and 10 minutes later I was there. It was no trouble at all. I was 32, caucasian, blonde, and I'm sure everything about me yelled 'TOURIST'. No one approached me and it was very simple.

But granted, I was expecting to do this for myself... I wasn't expecting someone to pick me up at the airport. If I was expecting a ride, and hadn't done that kind of very specific research, I'm sure I would have been scared to death! But the more you learn about TJ the better you can make decisions about risk, safety, and being comfortable.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 338 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 522 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1115 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1694 views