CAN SOMEONE ADVICE ON A GOOD DR FOR GASTRIC SLEEVE IN MX

MIZZEZCHERRY
on 9/21/11 6:09 pm - inglewood, CA
I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING DOCTORS IN MEXICO.. IM STILL A BIT CONFUSED WITH WHO TO GO WITH... IF ANYONE CAN MAKE A SUGGESTION OF A DR I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!!! I REALLY WANT TO PICK SOMEONE I CAN TRUST WITH MY LIFE :)
Jackie00
on 9/22/11 12:26 am
I am one week post op and received wonderful medical treatment from Dr Kelly in Mexico.

If you would like to know more, just email me your questions and I can give you my own experience and opinions about things.

The amount of surgeons down there can become overwhelming with your research as it did to me and I am just so glad that I picked a great surgeon and I am done with my procedure. There are more great surgeons but I rather just give my opinion of one that I am experienced with.
MIZZEZCHERRY
on 9/22/11 5:24 pm - inglewood, CA
Thank you for your advice about Dr. Kelly! I have gone ahead and emailed him. I really appreciated!!
If you could send me a message and let me know what the process is, I would really appreciate it!!
mojomom
on 9/22/11 12:41 am
 Hi,

I was sleeved on August 1st by Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon.  My recovery has been excellent and I'm feeling great.  I'm down 35 lbs. now and feeling so happy!  

My best advice to you is to make a list of the things you absolutely have to have - e.g. surgery in a hospital vs. surgery in a surgical suite; how many nights do they have you stay at the hospital; going to a recovery house in a secure gated community vs staying at someone's beach house, etc. 

Please, please look for those things you know you need.  Be sure you check out the doctor's statistics - that's very important.

If you have any questions for me, I'm happy to answer.  Good luck to you!  

Mojomom

MIZZEZCHERRY
on 9/22/11 5:27 pm - inglewood, CA
Thank you for all the good advice!! I will start making a list of all the different questions and concerns so I can pick the right surgen for me!!! How was your stay with Dr. ponce?
Jackie00
on 9/22/11 4:52 am
I agree with mojomom, figure out exactly what you want and go from there to see what is offered to you by each surgeon. Sometimes a coordinator that works for most of the good surgeons can give you help on these questions of who can meet your requirements the closest.

Mine were a hospital over a strip mall and a hotel over a recovery house. I wasn't into sharing washrooms with other guests and wanted my own privacy during my healing process. The hotel we ended up in was probably classified as a 5 star it was gorgeous, the beds were very comfy, the grounds were kept spectacular and we actually were out walking around and honestly I felt very secure at all times.
MIZZEZCHERRY
on 9/22/11 5:29 pm - inglewood, CA
Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Can you tell me what dr. you had your procedure done with?
Mikilein
on 9/22/11 9:21 am - Brampton, Canada
 Hi, I have been with Dr. Quinones. He is a great suregon and takes good care of his patients. works with Dr. Ponce de Leon. The hospital was clean and all nurses took good care of me. I had my own room with bathroom. After 2 days I was picked up by Lana and stayed one day at her house. She and Teresita were great, they took care of me like a Mum.  I would do it again. I droped down 20 lb in 3 weeks. 
So if you need some help,...

Mikilein

MIZZEZCHERRY
on 9/22/11 5:33 pm - inglewood, CA
Congrats with loosing 20lbs in 3 weeks!!!!

Does Dr. Quinones offer a hotel?
Kimmes
on 9/22/11 11:47 am
I used Dr Ramos-Kelly and had a wonderful experience and such a positive outcome. I am 8 months out and 7 pounds from goal. I have never had a single issue/complication and would highly recommend him.

Work through Trish she will take great care of you!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 304 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 489 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1088 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1657 views