dinorob
on 6/19/13 3:49 am - London, Canada

Hi,

I just got my orientation date (Aug 22) yesterday and I'm wondering roughly how long does it take to get a surgery date. I know there are many tests to be done but from the orientation to the time you have surgery, does anyone from Ontario have a timeline?

Thanks

TanyaLH
on 6/19/13 7:55 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Hi and welcome!

Timelines kinda depend on what centre you get assigned to. Some people more medical tests then others.

Tanya

dinorob
on 6/19/13 8:09 am - London, Canada

Thanks,

I see on here, some surgeries are 10 months after their orientation. A friend told me 20 months.

TanyaLH
on 6/19/13 8:53 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

hat centre are you going to?

London has a support group that meets the middle of the month for coffee, everyone is welcome. There is alot of info at these meetings. Hope to see you there!

Tanya

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/13 8:14 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Some seem to fly from orientation to surgery in a few months and others it takes years.  All depends on the centre you are referred to.  If you want to not drive yourself crazy then expect it to be 18 months and if it's sooner then no disappointment.

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/19/13 8:22 am - Windsor, Canada

I see you are from London. You more than likely will be routed to Windsor where I am. Windsor goes through Guelph or Toronto for surgery.  The process is usually around 1 year to 1.5 years for most of us.  Provided that you do okay and don't have any issues or unwilling to make changes (then it could be 2 years or more).  Be sure to check out your wonderful support group in the meantime and learn from all the people you can. It's a challenging journey but worth the wait.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

alysan
on 6/23/13 7:43 am - Canada

I am from London and am going thru Guelph.  My journal begin February 14 of this year.   So far I've had my orientation, one meeting with the nurse, dietitian and social worker, had dietary class and am booked for my 2nd appointment with the nurse, dietitian and social worker at the end of July. 

Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics