Cancellation list question

healthynewlife
on 11/21/13 12:13 am - Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Question regarding the cancellation list…

how can one go on the cancellation list without ******g anyone off.  After I was cleared in October, I have asked to be put on the cancellation list and she just chuckled and said  “everybody wants to be on the cancellation list, you and other 90 people”…then she said to be patient and wait my turn.  How do they decide who can go on the waiting list and who cannot? I was delayed by 8 months because of the sleep study stuff (still in works), so I would like to make up some time going on the cancellation list…so the time line she gave me were post-op class in Feb 2014, see surgeon in March and surgery in May 2014. 

Thanks for any response and suggestions.

aidan
on 11/21/13 12:33 am - Canada
Not sure what centre you are going through but Ottawa doesn't have a cancellation list but you can and should call your centre for cancellations often. I shaved many months off my process by continuously getting my appts bumped up by calling and getting cancellations. Good luck!

healthynewlife
on 11/21/13 12:36 am - Guelph, Ontario, Canada

I am going through Guelph clinic. 

Zizzler
on 11/21/13 5:39 am

I do not like that reply, sounds disrespectful on her part - she should explain the procedure clearly.  Not much to be done except to call and politely ask exactly how the cancellations work and explain the delay you have experienced.  Same thing happened to me when I asked about cancellations - got a voicemail back saying to basically wait my turn, but no further information  I am out of Ottawa too but I'm sure it is the same everywhere.  Don't give up - just keep calling and politely asking how it works until you get a clear answer.  Good luck!

alysan
on 11/21/13 7:45 am - Canada

When I was cleared in August (in Guelph), I asked to go on one as well and Audrey told me everyone wants to go on a cancellation list so there would be at least 86 others in front of me, if there was one. 

So in other words, be patient, follow the program and you'll get your call when you get your call.  That's the impression I got.  Which, yes, I can understand....I just can't be patient. 

But I did finally get my call!!!! :)

Referral: Feb. 14, 2013; Orientation: May 16, 2013: 1st RN/NUT/SW appt: May 28, 2013; 2nd RN/NUT/SW appt: July 31, 2013; Dr. Agarwal (internist): Aug. 6, 2013; Post Op Class: Nov. 25 2013; Dr. Reed: Dec. 17, 2013; Surgery: February 13,2014

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/13 8:03 am

Hi, Everyone I think requests the cancelation list I know I did, but like everyone else I am waiting my turn. I was cleared Aug 28th, so my call should be coming soon < I hope> Just do your best to have patients and it will come, alot like myself use the time they have to wait to keep educating yourself about this life long change.. Keep smiling, it will come.

bikinibound2014
on 11/25/13 2:58 am

no call yet?  I think ours is coming very soon --- fingers crossed :)

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

Most Active
Recent Topics