8 days pro-op

guelaof6
on 8/19/15 4:12 pm

So far it's been so good, except for the water intake part, I never know when I have had enough or not, them when I go pee I notice that some days it's darker than others, but I feel like some days I can't drink as much water.

I am on the puree diet, hard to find things to eat! any recipes or suggestions? I find myself eating the same things over and over!!!

lammytee14
on 8/19/15 4:23 pm

I had to do the pureed stage longer than expected. I found curry chicken in the slow cooker was fabulous as was lean ground beef done in different sauces (low sugar, of course) with veggies like frozen peas and carrots tossed in so they were mushy. I also ate cottage cheese with apple sauce and lots of Source Greek yogurt.

Also, check this out for lots of recipe ideas: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4267405/NEW-GROUP-Ontar io-Recipes-Forum/

Good luck!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Seyenna
on 8/19/15 4:47 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

My pureed stage was around Christmas, I ate a ton of pureed veggies with gravy. I also found canned stews, chili etc to be helpful and easy on the tummy.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

B-Trix123
on 8/19/15 5:53 pm - Toronto, Canada

I am 7 days post op -- I understood the Liquid Diet was to go for 2 weeks (see pg. 75 of TWH binder). How come you are so speedy and already on puree? Never knew it would take so long to finish a can of mushroom soup! 

guelaof6
on 8/19/15 6:06 pm

I'm still on the liquid diet,  just want to get ready for next week

Incognito55
on 8/19/15 6:07 pm - Toronto, Canada

All surgeons and centres have different protocol. I'm a week post op from TWH and I wish I was on purée!!!

Helna_Handbasket
on 8/20/15 7:46 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

I have found that filling a 1 litre water bottle every morning with a few ice cubes (which I add throughout the day) with some Crystal light has made it easier to get my water in.  I take it EVERYWHERE with me.  I make a point of sipping every 10-15 minutes.  I know I've got enough when the pee is almost clear.  With all the vitamins it'll always have a bit of yellow, but at least not day glo!  lol  pee talk.  welcome to wls talk eh? 

I just started pureed the other day.  A soft poached egg with a touch of Sriracha has been tasty.  I made a "stoup" of 1 large potato, 1 small chicken breast, 1/2 an onion and cubed them all - then cooked it in some vegetable stock (or whatever stock you might have).  Cooked till soft then put the immersion blender to it.  (got an Oster at Walmart for $20.00).  Added some salt free Mrs. Dash and bam! Had a really tasty dinner.  It made enough for 4 meals, so I froze some. 

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics