confused how dates work

marielewis
on 9/2/15 11:40 am

my dr did the referral in sept 2014  had the info meeting in april 2015  now im meeting the dr in noevember ..... dont most people have the other appts first or same day?   also i dont understand how some people go through quick and for me its been a year with little progress

lammytee14
on 9/2/15 1:07 pm

For most of us it's a long slow process but worth it in the end. Not sure how come some people go through faster than others...depends on hospital, patient load, patient history...so many factors. Take the time to prepare yourself by making little changes. The appointments and surgery will eventually happen.

It's not always easy to be a patient patient.

Good luck!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

7mins2midnite
on 9/2/15 2:10 pm

I know that different hospitals have different time frames and different ways of doing things. Alot of people ask to be put onto a cancellation list,can I ask what hospital you are going thru?

marielewis
on 9/2/15 2:15 pm

Humber River and the Doctor is Dr Klein I meet with him on November 12th 

HKT53
on 9/2/15 5:33 pm - Toronto, Canada

Please also take into consideration that HRRH is moving Oct 18 to the new facility. The bariatric clinic is not holding support groups from now until further notice. Dr Klein has a lot to clear before the move at the old hospital. The day you got confirmation of your meet with him on Nov 12 was the first he knew about you. The bariatric clinic just notified him that you were his patient. You had info session back in April. You should call clinic and ask why did it take so long to get Dr klein's office to confirm appt. the answer is in that clinic somewhere, whether they admit to you or not. After you see Dr Klein in Nov, keep after the clinic. Ask what is next move, when do you see internal Dr. Ask them when do you see the clinic nurse, social worker, dietician and some cases psychologist. And the others are right, your history and medical condition has something to do with it. If you were a smoker for example, someone has to know you are six months clean or you can wait til Dr Klein sees you and go from there. Wishing you all the best. The wait is worth it.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Country_girl73
on 9/2/15 7:10 pm

I think what is confusing me is, it looks like other people have the other appts before seeing the doctor that's doing the procedure.    Is this true or depends on the Dr.   I have had all the blood work amd sleep apnea testing etc... I did not know you had to see an internist. I thought just diet cancelling and psych assessment and the nurse 

marielewis
on 9/2/15 7:20 pm

Sorry for an confusion   I forgot I signed up and signed up again and my Ipad apparently remembered the old account lol  country girl 73 ia also me 

nstewart94
on 9/2/15 6:02 pm - Canada

Hi, I also had my orientation with Humber in April-so this gives me hope!can I ask what date you went?

referral Feb.4/15,orientation hrrh Apr.24/15, sleep test May7/15 ,2nd sleep test Oct.30/15, Dr.Klein Dec.10/2015,trio appointments Feb.17/16.Apr.4/16 Dr.Glazer Dr.Klein May10/16              Surgery May 25/16

Country_girl73
on 9/2/15 7:11 pm

I can't remember :-(. I was suppose to go in Feb. but we a huge storm and I couldn't get there :-(   Until this Monday I had not heard anything from them. 

marielewis
on 9/2/15 7:21 pm

Sorry I didn't realize I had two accounts.  I forgot I signed around a year ago.  Country girl 73 is me as well 

Most Active
Recent Topics