Shingles

canadianmommyof2
on 4/13/16 3:48 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

I've just been diagnosed with shingles.  Dr said probably due to stress on body - surgery,  weight loss.  Pain is horrendous! 

Anyone else have shingles after rny?

Thanks, 

Jen 

pegawatt
on 4/13/16 4:53 pm - Canada

I GOT THAT SHINGLES VAX 2 YRS. AGO AS I HEARD THAT CAN HAPPEN

IamBettyCooper
on 4/14/16 12:40 pm

Am going to ask my GP about this stat!

2BHealthy2016
on 4/13/16 5:55 pm

so sorry to hear of your shingles diagnosis. Hope you feel better soon.  

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/16 6:02 pm

Sorry to hear...poor u :(

Elliebear
on 4/13/16 8:49 pm - Durham region,Ontario

Jen, so sorry to hear this, don't know much about it but hope it gets better for you soon.

Solstice
on 4/14/16 7:46 am
RNY on 11/27/14

I had it just before surgery. Where on your body is your outbreak? Mine was on my scalp. It was painful, like lightning bolts. I did get the anti-viral in time to lessen the effects, but needed some heavy duty painkillers too. Recovered with no lasting effects.

Hope you are better soon!

Connie

Solstice

canadianmommyof2
on 4/14/16 1:29 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

The rash is on my upper back just by the shoulder blades on the right side . I see a rash too on my right breast also. But not quite sure the rash on the breast may be related.

I have a pimple by my right eye send my forehead is stinging right now.  Can it spread in different areas? 

B-Trix123
on 4/14/16 4:08 pm - Toronto, Canada

Yes - it can spread. Be very careful if it gets near you eyes - call your Dr. if it does. No candy coating about this. Can't stress how important this is. This happened to someone close to me and it had the potential to blind him.

Ette50
on 4/15/16 2:32 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

I have never had shingles but have had the herpes virus (I believe it is the same family) in my eye on and off for thirty years.

Don't touch that pimple or it can go into your eye.  If your eye starts to hurt and get red and irritated see an optimologist immediately as you can go blind if left untreated.  I don't want to scare you but it is serious.

I hope you feel better soon!

Ette

Most Active
Recent Topics