Brachioplasty was on April 11-

wmcconk
on 4/14/12 7:47 am - Fircrest, WA
Hello! I had an arm lift on April 11 (3 days ago.) I have just a couple of pictures on my page, but I'll add more as I take them. I will probably take more today or tomorrow now that I'm 3 days post op. I'm really happy with the results so far and the pain has been pretty minimal. I have my breast lift/w augmentation on May 3rd.

I lost my weight with Weight Watcher's & Zumba. I've lost 302 lbs. You can visit my weight loss website at www.freewebs.com/infectiouslaughter
I'll be in the Jan. 2012 issue of People Magazine's "Half Their Weight" issue!!

elongreach
on 4/14/12 7:51 am - Owings Mills, MD
Wow, your arms look fabulous!  I cannot believe you were up and moving around that much 9 hours after surgery.  It gives me hope that the pain will possibly not be so bad.
JUDY C.
on 4/14/12 8:07 am - Bear, DE

Wow, your arms look great!  No drains?  I had 2 of those stinkin' things. 

~Believe in Yourself~

wmcconk
on 4/14/12 8:15 am - Fircrest, WA
Thank you! Once the anesthesia was out of my system, I felt pretty good. Groggy, but good. My doctor wanted me to get  up and move around often so I wouldn't develop blood clots.

Nope, no drains. Just steri-strips, gauze, and Ace bandages. lol. My doctor (Art Foley in Olympia, WA- he has a website with videos of the different procedures he does) does a 'new' technique/ new materials that doesn't require drains. I didn't even have staples. He uses a barbed thread and the stitches are more internal. So the steri-strips are to stay on for a month and the compression garments (ie. tube socks) also stay on for about 3-4 weeks.

I lost my weight with Weight Watcher's & Zumba. I've lost 302 lbs. You can visit my weight loss website at www.freewebs.com/infectiouslaughter

plum21
on 4/14/12 8:31 am, edited 4/14/12 8:31 am - Miami, FL
 Your arms look terrific. Congrats. How do they feel? How's your range of motion?
wmcconk
on 4/15/12 5:46 am - Fircrest, WA
thank you!! My range of motion was pretty limited the first 2 days but each day it gets better. Today is day 4 and I'm almost back to normal range. When I reach or forget and try to scratch my back, I'm reminded quickly that I'm still recovering! lol!

j_j_miller
on 4/14/12 9:04 am
 Wow! Your arms look great. I actually went thru all your photos. Your before and after is amazing. I love that you were in people magazine and had a appearance on the today show. I remember when that issue came out. So awesome. 

Jennifer
kathkeb
on 4/14/12 9:31 am
Wow, Wendy it looks great!!!!

When I had mine done, I found that I would get some heaviness by evening. I was allowed to ice my arms, so I would wrap a bag of frozen peas with an ace bandage ... Or get the flexible ice packs from Walgreens and Velcro them on for 30 mins or so. Made a huge difference.

I am a WW Lifer .... Congrats on working the program and reaching your goal ..... You inspire me!!!
Kath

wmcconk
on 4/15/12 5:49 am - Fircrest, WA

Thank you! Yes- the frozen peas have been wonderful... in fact, I think I'll ice my elbows again in a few min. I still have some swelling around the elbows and armpits. (He did lipo suction to get what little fat I had left in my arms, out and then did the inscision.)

Congrats on Lifetime w/ WW!  I love my leader and still go to my meetings nearly every week.

samiamiam
on 4/14/12 11:32 am
Hello, you are amazing to lose all of that weight on weigh****chers. You rock!! Your doctor did such a good job on your arms. Is this the doctor that is doing all of your surgeries? Have you or are you getting a tummy tuck and breas augmentation with him?

I lived in Tacoma for a long time and Dr. Oh did my surgery.

Teresa
Most Active