2nd revision

Brandy Novak
on 2/23/16 6:27 pm - North Richland Hills , TX

hey all. I wanted to know if anyone has had lap and revised to sleeve and is now looking or has bypass? Neither past surgery has been a huge success for me. 

Ladytazz
on 2/23/16 10:54 pm

I don't really count the band since it has such a high rate of failure but no matter what you do or what revision you seek I encourage you to do the work to find out why you didn't get where you wanted to be with either surgery.

Sometimes it's just a matter of the wrong tool for our needs.  Other times it is unaddressed eating issues.  Whatever the reason you need to work through those things or you will be looking at failure #3.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Brandy Novak
on 2/24/16 7:09 am - North Richland Hills , TX

Had anyone revised from sleeve to bypass? 

hollykim
on 2/24/16 8:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM Pacific Time, Brandy Novak wrote:

Had anyone revised from sleeve to bypass? 

it doesn't matter what the revision is. If one can't get a grip on their eating, even with a wls tool, they are unlikely to be successful. O

Brandy Novak
on 2/24/16 9:35 am - North Richland Hills , TX

As much as I appreciate your opinion not every surgery is a success for each person. There are times when it was not done correctly etc.... I'm not saying I am perfect and do everything right but I have totally changed my lifestyle.

ladygodiva1228
on 2/24/16 9:33 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On February 24, 2016 at 2:27 AM Pacific Time, Brandy Novak wrote:

hey all. I wanted to know if anyone has had lap and revised to sleeve and is now looking or has bypass? Neither past surgery has been a huge success for me. 

I personally went from band to bypass and for me was the best decision.  There are some who have done band to sleeve to bypass, but they ended up with the bypass due to extensive GERD from the sleeve.

You need to really look at why the first two were not successful at all for you. 

Because the truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter what WLS you or anyone has they can all have regains even the DS if the person is not compliant with the required lifestyle change. 

Since you have the sleeve already I would look into the DS. 

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Brandy Novak
on 2/24/16 9:36 am - North Richland Hills , TX

I can't really even count the Band. It literally almost killed me from the time it was in my body. My body rejected it and I could not even get fills. I was more sick and unhealthy then before I had it. 

ladygodiva1228
on 2/24/16 9:53 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On February 24, 2016 at 5:36 PM Pacific Time, Brandy Novak wrote:

I can't really even count the Band. It literally almost killed me from the time it was in my body. My body rejected it and I could not even get fills. I was more sick and unhealthy then before I had it. 

The band ended up not being what most thought it would be.  To many complications and damage have been done to people.

Seriously look into the DS you have half of the surgery done already, unless your sleeve was not done correctly.  The second half of the DS has the Malabsorption similar to the bypass.  I believe it would be an easier surgery to perform than going from sleeve to bypass I could be wrong, but it is worth looking into.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Brandy Novak
on 2/26/16 10:39 am - North Richland Hills , TX

Thank you for your reply and for your non judgement. =) 

Brandy Novak
on 2/26/16 10:41 am - North Richland Hills , TX

@ladygodiva1228 Thank you for your reply and non jedgement, People hop on here and think they need to tell me everything I have done wrong and it is so discouraging. 

Most Active
Recent Topics