8 Weeks Post Op!

Deborah C.
on 3/24/11 6:55 am - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Well it has been 8 weeks since my RNY. It has been quite an amazing journey so far. One of my biggest struggles has been working through the head hunger but I think that will be a life long thing I will be working on. I feel great though! I am down in total about 54 pounds since this whole journey began. Since the surgery I am down 28 pounds. I thought I would be down more than that but my weight came off very fast in the first three weeks and then stopped for a few weeks and now it is about 2 pounds a week coming off. I am on the smaller side so that probably has a lot to do with it. I have started running again and boy it is waaaaay easier with 54 pounds less on my body!!!! It feels great to just jog! I added some photos on my account of what I look like now. my daughter is trying to send me some of my pre pics so I can add them as well (I am on a different computer right now). I am a little freaked out about putting the before pics as they are not very nice and show a lot of tummy chub but figured its good to see where I came from.

Well that is all for now.
Take care!
Take Care,
Deborah

http://awomansjourney.weebly.com
HW: 228
SW: 207
GW:120

Ladycavez
on 3/24/11 7:08 am
Congrats on so many levels!! It sounds like you are doing well!! I'm 17 days post op and I feel like I'm stalled. But stories like yours give me hope!!

Hugs
bakerhall
on 3/24/11 8:58 am
Congrats!  You are 1/2 way to your goal! :)  I had my surgery on 1/24/11, too!  I wish I was running. :)  I want to lose another 25 lbs. before I start to run.  I am just having so many issues with acid reflux.  Sounds like you are doing much better than I am.

Keep up the good work!

Jedene F.
on 3/24/11 9:47 am - Oneonta, NY
Tomorrow is my 8 week mark since RNY...  I am down 37 post-op as of this a.m. and a total of 60 from my highest on 11/1/2010.  Great job so far!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: HW 318.2; SW 295.0; LW 158.6
RECOMMIT: RGW 220.8; CW 206.2; GW 158

Most Active
Recent Topics