IT'S MY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY TODAY, CAN'T BELIVE IT!!!!!!

Missy M.
on 3/24/11 1:22 am - Hibbing, MN
Well, surprise surprise it's been exactly one year for me and I could honestly write a novel about everything I've been through. There sure has been ups and downs but I wouldn't change anything I went through, not for one second.  These are just a few of the positives I'm happy about!
~Being under 200 lbs
~Shopping in regual size stores
~Being able to run, and not want to either a)vomit b)hit someone
~Flying without having to hide the fact my seatbelt doesn't fit
~Look at myself as the person I've always wanted to be!
~Having people tell me how good I look and that they are proud of me!

So, would I recommend surgery, yes and yes.  I would say please do your research on what type of surgery you are wanting and if you follow your surgeon's and nut's plans you CAN do it and you can achiever whatever you set your mind to.  It's all up to YOU and YOU have to be ready for it!!!! So here are my current sats along with my picture from today!  HW (314) SW (291) CW (165) GW (150) <----I will get there I know it!!! Went from a size 26/28 pant to a size 11, and size med/lrg tops! Also went from a 42D bra size to 36B :( bummer!  Here's me the night before...

And here is me this morning.....

Kelly S.
on 3/24/11 1:24 am
You are looking good! And I am sure you will get to goal, the honeymoon isn't over yet!

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

eris8
on 3/24/11 1:26 am - Holland, MI
You look amazing, girl.  Thanks for posting, I needed a good visual reminder this morning of wonderful WLS possibilities.
Amy L.
on 3/24/11 1:35 am - Buffalo, NY
Happy Surgiversary Missy, and congratulations on your weight loss, you look terrific!
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

Lorib-house
on 3/24/11 1:37 am
 You look fantastic.  I needed that kind of reminder today, as I have been slacking off a little - not doing all I should and could do.  I am  8 months out and have lost 75 lbs   I need to take off another 50 lbs and I need to stop cheating in little ways to do it.  Even now I feel so much better about myself.  I will be ecstatic when I lose this 50.  Thank you for taking the time to send your message.  Lori
Missy M.
on 3/24/11 1:49 am - Hibbing, MN
Thank you for all the nice compliments, it's surely means alot.  It is indeed my self motivation to keep going! If I can motivate just one person than it's definitely worth it.  I too have had times where I wanted to give up but I think of the better days and get back on track and soon you find you are losing again and feeling even better!!  Now to just get the rest of this off and I can maintain, I can't wait!!!!

Thanks again :)
Missy
mspiccolo
on 3/24/11 2:19 am - Camarillo, CA

CONGRATULATIONS!  Happy One Year of a new you!  You look fantastic and I know you feel fantastic.  Keep up the great work.  It's nice to see people so happy.

2tired2befat
on 3/24/11 2:37 am - Spring Hill, TN
Really, truly amazing!!!! Huge Congrats to you!!!!

Did you stall or struggle around the 1/2 year mark.  I am just curious as I've been stuck despite my adhearance to my plan, for several weeks. 

I am inspired by your transformation!!!

April

Missy M.
on 3/24/11 2:41 am - Hibbing, MN
I wouldn't say 'stall' but my weight loss did slow down.  I lost the first 100 within 6 months and then it took the other 6 months to lose 50. And that was changing the way I ate, somedays I'd have to eat more when I work out or ad an extra work out. I am always trying to 'trick' my body.  You just need to keep with it, your new body is forever changed and you can change it, just takes time! What everyone has told me is you didn't get overweight overnight so you won't become thin overnight, I'm dealing with it...day by day!  Congrats, I think you're doing great!

Thanks!
Missy
Ashley_1013
on 3/24/11 2:51 am
You look absolutely amazing, which I'm sure you hear daily. But you're such an inspiration to me. I'm 2.5 months out and -70 lbs so far. I'm taking it day by day. But love to see posts/pics from people who have done so well, like yourself! Keep up the good work girl!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 267 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 164 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?