a quick shout out...

jennbug1969
on 3/26/11 3:10 am - Gainesville, FL
I have not been around for a while, but I wanted to take a few to give a shout out to all of my friends on here.  All has been going well.  I have hit a stall in the weight loss, but I am losing hair like crazy, so, I guess I'm losing SOMETHING and that is good!  LOL

There is still not a day that I have held any regrets for my WLS.  My last check-up went very well and I was very excited about my 6.2 A1C.  Awesome.  I can eat pretty much anything, although rice and pasta sometimes mess with me a little, but everything else seems to be fine.  That makes it harder for me because I have to be EXTRA careful about what I put in my mouth.  Not being a dumper can lead to self-sabotage in a skinny minute!  Plus, knowing I can have anything and not eating it is a great power boost to me in the self control area.  It feels good to finally be winning that battle in my life.  :)

So, I hope that all of my friends that were so awesome, sharing thoughts and advice, stories (good and bad) and pep talks, are doing as good as I am.  I am "one pee" away from being under 200lbs.  HA HA!  I KNOW you guys do it too (weigh AFTER you potty!)  To everyone - THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT and best wishes to all of you!

For anyone *****ads this that is considering having or has set the date for WLS, do it.  It has changed my life for the better more than I ever could have imagined.  The road has not been easy.  There have been PLENTY of days that I wondered what I had done to myself, but those were just  "In the moment" thoughts.  I would deal with the "foamies" 10 times a day if it means that I will be around long enough to watch my kids grow up and have kids themselves.  I am enjoying life like life was meant to be enjoyed.  No, this is not a quick fix to weight loss.  It has responsibilities and requirements for it to work for me.  I do it.  I am thinner, healthier and stronger mentally and physically because of it!  I feel amazing! 

Thanks for reading my rant. 

Have a wonderful  weekend!  :)
SweetGatorGirl
on 3/27/11 5:16 am - Gainesville, FL
JennBug,

So good hearing from you.  Glad you are doing well.  I wonder about you often.  Take care and stay in touch!  We miss you!
HW 252/SW 243/GW 135/CW 146                

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 223 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 264 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views