Today's PSA

poet_kelly
on 3/26/11 3:49 am - OH

I see these posts a lot. 

Help me!  I am two weeks post op and yesterday I weighed 271 and today I weigh 272!  All I ate yesterday was two protein shakes and two ounces of yogurt for a total of about 400 calories.  How did I ever gain a pound?  My pouch is broken, isn't it?  I will never lose weight.  Only two weeks out and I am all done losing.  I am a total failure.  Maybe my doctor didn't really do the surgery at all?  What should I do?  Help!!!!!

Listen.  It's normal for your weight to go up and down.  Happens to everyone.  Maybe you are retaining water.  Maybe you need to poop.   Maybe your scale needs recalibrated.  Chill.  Stay off the scale if minor fluctuations in weight stress you out.  I swear to you, you are not done losing after two weeks (or two months, for that matter).  

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 3/26/11 3:51 am

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Amy T.
on 3/26/11 3:53 am - CA

Well put.

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

chrystian73
on 3/26/11 3:53 am - Buford, GA

WeightinToGetOut
on 3/26/11 3:56 am - IN

poet_kelly, i'm pressing the "like" button for this one.   My surgery is this Tuesday the 29th, so I might be one of those posters soon.  However, when I read those post I too am like seriously it's only been a month give it time to work. 

KARLA

babybooo828
on 3/26/11 4:13 am
 Where is the like button?

Becca20015
on 3/26/11 4:52 am
"Like"

mandajolyn
on 3/26/11 5:34 am - Tallahassee, FL
two weeks ago I was up 4 lbs this week down 6, it happens!! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

1Haute Diva
on 3/26/11 5:59 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 Wait!!!! So if I stop losing at 2 weeks out I shouldn't think that I need a revision?   I'm pretty sure I'll be freaking out once I have my surgery also.  Great Post!
- Shaw

Katari
on 3/26/11 6:05 am - OR

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Most Active
Recent Topics