reactive hypoglycemia and depression?

poet_kelly
on 3/26/11 10:20 pm - OH
Anyone know if there is a link between reactive hypoglycemia and depression?   Pam?  MM?  Anybody?

I know when your sugar i really low, people can have an altered mental status, be confused, anxious, even combative.  But that's not really depressed and usually only happens when their glucose is really low.  It usually goes away as soon as it goes back up.

But my depression has been much worse in the last several months, since around the time I figured out I had reactive hypoglycemia.  Might there be some connection?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/27/11 3:29 am - Windsor, Canada
Anytime your blood sugars go up and down, you can indeed have mood swings. The more they go up and down, the worse it can be. Blood sugar can always have an affect on anyone whether they have had WLS or not, you know?

That said, once you learn how to manage your RH, you'll do better. It's the swinging up and down that can cause mood disturbances. I know I get really cranky when I get low. That said, RH would be temporary, your depression, would be chronic.  

Manage your sugars and help manage your moods beter.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics