Travel and protein powder.

patricia_mc
on 3/25/11 10:35 am - Westchester, IL
RNY on 03/07/11 with
Anyone know if I can travel to Canada with protein powder. Went on website. Whey listed as not allowed. Don't know if they mean powder form.

Hw 295  Sw 277  Goal  TBA
Patricia
iisme
on 3/25/11 1:09 pm
that is very strange. I haven't a clue why it would say that.
When I went to Northern Ireland I brought my big jug of vanilla protein powder. No problems at all.

10 pounds loss pre-op
monkmoses
on 3/25/11 1:35 pm - Valyermo, CA
 I've traveled to Europe a few times since surgery.  I took the individual packages of Unjury protein.  I figured because they were sealed they would be ok.  I had no problem at any of the border crossings or customs.
GD6
on 3/26/11 12:17 am - Hamilton, Canada
Are you driving or flying?  If driving I would simply not say anything about having it, they won't ask and generally don't inspect American's coming into Canada, just Canadians returning from the US.

Many countries won't let you bring in dairy products, but I had no problem bringing protein powder when I went to Germany last Summer, I packed it in my suitcase in individual sandwich bags.

Depending on the brand Protein powder is readily available in Canada, we have GNC, Popeye's etc... as well as most Grocery stores have a selection in the Health food section of the store.

Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

patricia_mc
on 3/26/11 7:40 am - Westchester, IL
RNY on 03/07/11 with
I am flying

Hw 295  Sw 277  Goal  TBA
Patricia
thirdact
on 3/26/11 7:49 am
I have traveled with protein powder everywhere from Istanbul to India to Argentina.  It has never been an issue at all.  I put individual scoops into snack baggies, one for each day I'm away.  I have never mentioned it to anyone (it never occured to me).  I sometimes carry it on, sometimes check it.  Zero problems in 40+ overseas trips.  I would put it in your bag and never think twice about it.  If someone asks you about it just say it's a drink powder and don't get specific.  I can not imagine you will have any issues at all. 
Most Active
Recent Topics